Forum: Community Center

Subject: What in the FAQ is being updated?

3WCreations opened this issue on Aug 08, 2024 ยท 6 posts

3WCreations posted Thu, 08 August 2024 at 9:50 AM

I browse the fora by looking for what is highlighted--indicating new posts. Yet many times I open a highlighted forum to find no new posts, no new threads. I finally realized that the FAQ for that forum has been updated. Ok, fine, but this happens about once a week or even more often. What in the world needs to be updated so often in the FAQ's?

Just curious. And annoyed. I wish it would stop. :)

Everything important in life I've learned from somebody else's forum signature.

3WCreations posted Sat, 17 August 2024 at 9:41 AM

For example, lots of subforums highlighted today with no new posts in them. But there is this: The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 17 7:23 am)

RedPhantom posted Sat, 17 August 2024 at 10:31 AM Site Admin

There were a number of spam posts removed this morning. You may have been seeing a result of that

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

3WCreations posted Mon, 19 August 2024 at 8:44 AM

RedPhantom posted at 10:31 AM Sat, 17 August 2024 - #4488477

There were a number of spam posts removed this morning. You may have been seeing a result of that

Well, that may be the case, so is it just coincidence that the FAQ has been updated the same day? Here is one today from the Writer's Forum. No new posts, but next the the link to FAQ is (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 19 3:31 am)

I guess my question is not really what is being updated, but why does it happen so often?

DeeceyArt posted Mon, 19 August 2024 at 12:36 PM

See here:

https://www.renderosity.com/forums/threads/2988182/request-for-removing-traces-of-spam-posts

A fix for this issue is long overdue.

3WCreations posted Thu, 22 August 2024 at 9:23 AM

Ok, so is this just me being an idiot? (That's rhetorical because the answer is invariably "YES!")

I assumed the line stating the update date referred to the FAQ, which immediately precedes it. But it seems to be (slowly) dawning on me that it is the date that the ENTIRE THREAD has been updated! *Mind blown*

Be patient with me, I will get there.