Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: My Poser has a "virus" named addonData, and how do I get rid of this?

Cage opened this issue on Aug 19, 2024 ยท 19 posts

Cage posted Mon, 19 August 2024 at 4:45 PM

For years now, I have been stripping from my pz3 files a junk line that gets tacked on to the end of the file, and Poser keeps adding it back.  I cannot figure out where it is coming from, at this point.

The line is "addonData  {"org.snarlygribbly.subdivider": {"preset":[]}}

I tried Snarly's subdivider ONE TIME, years ago, on a different computer, and it is no longer installed anywhere that I can find.  But stupid, dumb Poser thinks this garbage line is important enough to keep passing it along from one pz3 to the next, generation after generation, stretching back to 2012 or 13.

It's driving me bonkers.  Well, more bonkers.  It's even worse than the same problem I had with an animation layer somehow associated with Simon.  Who is Simon, again?  I never knowingly loaded a Simon, but I maybe once loaded a pose for Simon onto an Antonia, and whammo!  Then I had a pose layer virus.

Okay, focus.  Stay on topic.  Does anyone know how to obliterate this addonData nonsense from my installation?  It's enough to make a person check the "Violence" flag.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.