Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: DAZ moderators are censoring ANY MENTION of g9 to g8 morph conversion

gohanf22 opened this issue on Sep 19, 2024 ยท 13 posts

gohanf22 posted Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:06 AM

...they are literally doing damage control on this WOKE infested model.  every single time someone mentions about if and when a g9 to g8 morph conversion tool is on the way or asking about it, they delete it.  im sorry but TRUTH HURTS.  g9 was pandering.  i will not ever use that model, but I will use the characters when they make a g9 to g8 conversion like many others are patiently waiting for.  sad part is, whoever makes one, they won't be able to sell it on daz cause they won't allow it.  oh well, guess they better make sure gen 10 with Daz 5 better be separate meshes again wont they?

Male_M3dia posted Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:32 AM

If you do a google search, you will find some links that tell you how to do it using the transfer tool within DS, including a link found in the daz forums. You may need to do some tweaking using something like blender. I moved a G9 shape back to G8M using the transfer tool. If you wrote your thread using the same tone you used here, then that's probably why the thread was deleted. 

gohanf22 posted Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:54 AM

Thing is I am not the only one not a fan of what they did though dude.  Many people are still only using g3 and g8 and not even trying g9 at all.  Just reusing g9 clothing, poses, etc on g8 models.  Geografts have bene atrocious to use, like for one Breastacular can't even use well on g9.  Meipe already said that with it being a UNIMESH, you can only use breastacular's morphs only.  If you use other morphs, it screws it all up and makes it deformed.  Oh well, guess I will just keep using g8 and wait till g10 and heres hoping they return to normal and separate the female and male meshes...

GGreen posted Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:07 PM

There has several converters that work really well and they are at the Daz Store. They convert some G8 to G9 characters. I too was against using G9, there are some strange things going on with it, but as new figures come out for G9 I try them and if I like them I use them.

RHaseltine posted Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:31 PM

As MM says, this claim is patently untrue. On the other hand a post like the opener would be removed for politics etc., regardless of its ostensible topic.

Male_M3dia posted Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:55 PM

gohanf22 posted at 9:54 AM Thu, 19 September 2024 - #4489491

.  Geografts have bene atrocious to use, like for one Breastacular can't even use well on g9.  Meipe already said that with it being a UNIMESH, you can only use breastacular's morphs only.  If you use other morphs, it screws it all up and makes it deformed.  Oh well, guess I will just keep using g8 and wait till g10 and heres hoping they return to normal and separate the female and male meshes...

Meipe did post some instructions on how use your morphs with breastacular in the 'rotica forums if you need to combine. It is a little bit of work, but i don't think the process is any different than getting the male gens product for G8 to work with other male shapes that had a different scale than the default one.  But the vendor has been very good with support with other shapes. But between DS and blender you can get what you need for your characters.

DocPhoton posted Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:56 PM

Might you have some screenshots or rendered examples Male_M3dia ?

An 8 or 8.1 rig is entirely different from the 9 series when exported out via FBX; # of bones, weighting, etc., so always thought it a bit of like unbaking a cake.

But doing the conversion within DS prior to, makes it a different story.

Nevertrumper posted Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:11 AM

gohanf22 posted at 8:06 AM Thu, 19 September 2024 - #2989288

...they are literally doing damage control on this WOKE infested model.  

Anytime someone complains about "woke", I stop listening. Not that I like G9, but if you used that political charged combat term "woke" in the DAZ forum, I'm not suprized they deleted it. For a good reason.

Male_M3dia posted Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:05 AM

DocPhoton posted at 9:56 PM Thu, 19 September 2024 - #4489531

An 8 or 8.1 rig is entirely different from the 9 series when exported out via FBX; # of bones, weighting, etc., so always thought it a bit of like unbaking a cake.

I don't have renders of the gens issues, you'd have to go back the 'rotica forum for examples. But the issue was not with the rig, it was with scaling for the rig. I believe if you applied the gens to a creature/character (like one of RawArt's characters or characters that scaled over 103%)  that was larger than the base G8M the gens would load in the wrong spot and be warped. Meipe did provide fixes for those characters that had the issues. The hot fixes provided may not be in the product but in the forum posts that address the issue. Meipe provided the breast solution for G9 (and i believe included it in the download... i'd have to redownload it and check) because it would be impossible to do every single breast morph because everyone tinkers with them and then some vendors do custom shapes as well.

I play around with the gens from time to time, but usually I use the base gens for G8/G9 and do my own custom morphs.

Male_M3dia posted Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:16 AM

GGreen posted at 12:07 PM Thu, 19 September 2024 - #4489499

There has several converters that work really well and they are at the Daz Store. They convert some G8 to G9 characters. I too was against using G9, there are some strange things going on with it, but as new figures come out for G9 I try them and if I like them I use them.

There are also some 3rd party products that convert the mesh and the textures as well, they cost more but does the job. I think Wrap4 (zwrap if you have zbrush) will convert the mesh and Ultimate Unwrap3D pro will convert skins. Those products require you to put the meshes in the same pose or shape to work and hide/move the eyes, eyelashes and teeth so it doesn't mess up the conversion. 

DocPhoton posted Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:02 PM

Male_M3dia posted at 4:05 AM Fri, 20 September 2024 - #4489537

DocPhoton posted at 9:56 PM Thu, 19 September 2024 - #4489531

I don't have renders of the gens issues, you'd have to go back the 'rotica forum for examples. But the issue was not with the rig, it was with scaling for the rig. I believe if you applied the gens to a creature/character (like one of RawArt's characters or characters that scaled over 103%)  that was larger than the base G8M the gens would load in the wrong spot and be warped. Meipe did provide fixes for those characters that had the issues. The hot fixes provided may not be in the product but in the forum posts that address the issue. Meipe provided the breast solution for G9 (and i believe included it in the download... i'd have to redownload it and check) because it would be impossible to do every single breast morph because everyone tinkers with them and then some vendors do custom shapes as well.

I play around with the gens from time to time, but usually I use the base gens for G8/G9 and do my own custom morphs.

I've run into the Scale issue with other products, & is just one of the Gotcha's on my to-look-out-for checklist for when things are's "meshing" so to speak.  ;) So nothing unique to G9 in any case.

Bottom line for me at least, is it really worth the time? I've seen very, very few G9 items that weren't mostly a re-hash of something already done in a previous Gen version. Newer doesn't always mean better.

WendyLuvsCatz posted Sat, 21 September 2024 at 1:17 AM

I transfer morphs between them all easily enough using clone shapes and fitting the base resolution meshes to each other and exporting obj files for morphloader

just adjust rigging to shape, run erc freeze, save the new morph and you are good to go

there is no conspiracy and multitudes of tutorials out there

you may need to repose the thigh in/out for G9 as a bit different before creating your morph shape

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

PanzerEmerald posted Sat, 21 September 2024 at 8:54 AM

lmao G9 is "woke"? Can instantly tell OP was never around for the OG Genesis model, then.