Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Some thoughts on textures for V2

soulhuntre opened this issue on May 31, 2001 ยท 14 posts

soulhuntre posted Thu, 31 May 2001 at 4:49 PM

Hey all :) Well, I took took the plunge and bought "Bobbi Sue" from the marketplace. A great map and a nice character. In comparing her with the high rez maps from DAZ I noticed a few things - then in asking a few questions about "Shelby" I started thinking about other things. First, some short thoughts.... * The DAZ v2 maps Well done - but flawed. The face/head maps are not the same color base as the body maps as far as I can see. This means that the head is a different color (more yellow). Very uncool and sadly that makes them useless for me. On the bright side, they DO use the V2 eyebrows to correct effect, and this gives them soem advantages. The extra resolution is also incredibly useful. * Bobbi Sue A well done texture - the details on the hands and feet in particular are amazing. The makeup is all good and the eyes rock! On the downside, the texture is very dark. I think it is supposed to be that way - I just need to play with the lights till I get what I want. The only problem with THAT is that poser then looks very washed out as I pose and texture the character and scene. There is no specific support for the V2 eyebrows - so I had to make my oen texturemap and transmaps to get it to happen the way I need it to. * General Thoughts The eyebrows on V2 are not really being used yet - and that is way too bad. They add an incredible amound of realism to the head during close ups. Having the eyebrows paintes right on the head is fine from a distance - but for close up work it falls 'flat'. The V2 eyebrows solve that - but rasing the eyebrows away from the head on a bubble of geometry they add an extra dimentsion to the character - and a lot of realism. I would urge those making character texture maps to use and support the V2 geometry with eyebrow maps.