Forum: Community Center

Subject: What happened to the auto refresh?

jonrd463 opened this issue on Sep 12, 1999 ยท 3 posts

jonrd463 posted Sun, 12 September 1999 at 1:46 PM

PFO Team: First of all, I have to give you props for all of the updates and additions (That instant message thing is just cool beyond belief!), but there is something I noticed. A little while back, when the updates were first implemented, the message listing would auto update, showiug new messages, whenever you backed out of a message thread. I thought this was pretty cool, as it eliminated the need to click the [Read New Messages] link. I was wondering what happened to it. Did it cause issues with the server? I know, it's probably a matter of laziness on my part, but I have to say, that was one of my favorite additions :-) At any rate, like I said, all the updates and improvements to the PSO have been nothing but good. Keep up the good work! Jon

fur posted Mon, 13 September 1999 at 8:47 AM

there was never any auto-updating that i was aware of..

bloodsong posted Mon, 13 September 1999 at 12:29 PM

heya; if you do go back from a thread to the main listings, new messages will appear at the top (#1), if any have been posted. or, i have noticed that once or twice. i think it depends on whether you go back to the listings by going forward (clicking on the main link), or you go back by pressing your browser's back button. i use the latter, and sometimes even replies i just posted are not listed on the main list. (i dont mind, i just think hitting the back button is faster.)