Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: Poser wishlist

JanP opened this issue on Jun 05, 2001 ยท 9 posts

JanP posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 11:15 AM

In the next release I hope a major source of fustration is addressed. BVH's. It would appear that the posers XYZ is in relation to itself rather than the world space. For example apply a BVH and you will see that no matter where the poser figure moves to, the xyz trans coordinates mean nothing when looking at "body". There by making it impossible to correct the appearance of sliding on ice rather than staying glued to the floor. Sure you can see the coordinates of individual parts but they are in the right places. Its just the "body" portion that needs a leash to keep it from sliding and having XYZ veiwable cordinates should help solve this. ALso, the BVH's supplied by DAZ are pure fakery. FOr exanple the BVH for the woman. "Walk abd sit at desk" She appears to sit in a chair and rest her elbows on a desk. In all likely hood the actor just sat on a box and there was no desk really there. I say this because if you set up props for where the would be a chair and a desk, the to objects a physically too far apart. And the is no action of her pulling the chair under her. Rather, she just braces herself as she sits. The walk up and walkdown stairs is also fakery because the step at the bottom of the stair case is super large(in height) compared to the rest of the steps. No staircase exists like that as far as I am aware of. I realize that BVH's by their nature are no 100% accurate but I ahve seen several BVH's that were several times more accurate than any of the BVH's sold by DAZ. They where no further edited either other than that wich is required during the BVH creation process. I know Pro pack offers scaling but I would bet that it can only go so far. What poser needs is a utility that actually allows the user to tune the BVH for a specific figure. I'm told Pro PAck does this a little but its still far from accurate.