Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Thank you Thorne for the Free Faerie!

rwilliams opened this issue on Jun 07, 2001 ยท 19 posts

rwilliams posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 7:52 PM

I know I'm a day late but I was so excited I had to post something. I have been waiting soooo long! All the other faeries I have are very happy to have a new faerie to play with!!! I am just wondering. How many of the faeries did I miss? I have the one in the picture. Thanks again Thorne!!!

AprilYSH posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 8:00 PM

how do you download all the older fairies from thorne? i downloaded a few wings yesterday but the figures themselves didn't seem to be available... please post a link? they are Lovely! thanks :)

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

hauksdottir posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 8:01 PM

And I'm wondering where you got the one with the hearts.... Off to look! Carolly

rwilliams posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 8:28 PM

To get the older faeries you had to download them while they were available. The oldest one I have was downloaded in December 1999 i believe. Here is the info on her. Tisa Periwinkle An original Faerie Character Creation by Thorne Here she is! The winner of the 1999 Poser Forum Online "Pose This!" contest in the Character Creation division, A Real faerie Doll. Tisa notes: Tisa is based on the Poser 3 Hi-res Nude Female. The one with the hearts (way on the right) was downloaded in February 2000. Here is her info. ThorneWorks and Sweet Dreams Modeling Studio is proud to present Miss February 2000, the lovely Valentine Hart! Name: Valeria Cervidae Human Name: Valentine Hart Species: Demi-Goddess (Half God, Half Faerie) Age 22 Measurements: WOW! Character by Thorne =};-}>

rwilliams posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 8:33 PM

By the way, that info was right out of the original readme files. Also, I forgot to give credit on the image. Besides the faeries which were all made by Thorne at Thorneworks, I used some of Schlabbers poses and some of Bebops transmaps and clothing. Sorry I forgot to include that!

xvcoffee posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 8:52 PM

What's the one in the red and white bikini? Is The Bikini still availble?

rwilliams posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 8:57 PM

The one in the red and white bikini is Penny Candy. She was available in the store at one time. I bought her in July 2000. She came with the bikini and two pieces of candy.

AprilYSH posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 9:42 PM

so they are no longer available? aww :(

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

xvcoffee posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 9:55 PM

Who are the ones in the picture? I spotted Peridot and you can't miss Raven

Marque posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 10:09 PM

Actually I bought the Valentine faerie here at Renderosity. She is really sweet. I also picked up Nikki, Mikki and Acorn here, as well as Penny Candy. Marque

Uthena posted Fri, 08 June 2001 at 12:30 AM

You have all of them. That's pretty impressive. You're one of the few people besides Thorne and myself that seem to have all of them

neurocyber posted Fri, 08 June 2001 at 5:25 AM

Makes me always wish I had discovered all this Poser stuff a year earlier.:o So many fairies together here must be a first. :) :) :)

LeBurns posted Fri, 08 June 2001 at 11:28 AM

Wow nice collection! I only have spooky and buttercup. I've been trying to find Nikki, but no luck. The upcoming cornflower looks good. Is it alright to give away the one's Thorne gave away, even if they're not available anymore, or do you need his permission?

Uthena posted Fri, 08 June 2001 at 2:45 PM

You need his permission

darhorn posted Fri, 08 June 2001 at 3:46 PM

I just looked in my thorne directory... I got em all! Yay! I didnt know if I had missed one down the road... and now, Wysteria (thorne and mendhi) is added to the collection.. Darrin

procchi posted Fri, 08 June 2001 at 9:38 PM

I'm kind of upset.. I lost a couple, including one of my favorites, in a HD crash. I'd love to get Erin back again

nitreug posted Fri, 08 June 2001 at 11:11 PM

Yes Thorne is FABOULOUS!

Techyman posted Sat, 09 June 2001 at 1:23 AM

I have to say that nobody does fairies (or women) like Thorne. Unfortunately, like procchi, I lost several of the oldest ones in a HD crash (I have since learned that regular backups are good for soul). Is there any chance that Thorne might offer a cd collection of older characters? I bet it would do well and I know it would make a lot of people very happy.

xvcoffee posted Sat, 09 June 2001 at 10:25 AM

Meanwhile Spooky has a new toy. Meow! (I think?). Yes what is the position if people have lost their free but now discontinued software? How will they prove they got it when it was offered legit?