Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Reverse-Polish Supermodel Vickie & a quandary

Jim Burton opened this issue on Jun 09, 2001 ยท 12 posts

Jim Burton posted Sat, 09 June 2001 at 12:48 PM

Attached Link: http://www.bbay.com

This got started when I got some inquires about adapting Supermodel Vickie's (SMV) clothing to regular Vickie. Can't easily be done, but I thought maybe I could adapt Vickie II (with her extra morphs) to fit the clothing (and while I was at it, I could enter the result in DAZ's contest). Anyway, also no go, I needed to do things like pull the hips forward, no dial for that. But then another thought hit me- I could Anyway, here she is, Supermodel Morph Vickie (SMMV). There is a morph for every part, except the head and hands, and all must be set to 1.00, as they cross the seams. It does work, she looks good, the clothing fits, but what am I going to do with her? My first thought was to put her in Free Stuff, but I have problems with that, as I expect the traffic would kill Bbay's server, and besides, people tend to value stuff by what they pay for it, my hair in Free Stuff has lebende-leben downloads, I would guess half never even bothered to unzip the file. So if I put her out, she would be for sale, probably someplace other than Bbay, to give her more exposure, and at a nominal price. But she isn't SMV, understand, she is SMMV, who can wear SMV's clothing. She will not have the detailing SMV has, nor the small hands, nor the extra morphs (I'd put a couple of the more popular morphs on, but not the whole package) and for that matter she wouldn't get JCM (but Vickie's JCM should work). She would have the advantage of having all of the Vickie and Vickie II morphs, but remember if you do much with the non-SMMV body morphs she would be just like all the other characters, a body in search of clothing that fits. She would take Vickie shoes, and it looks like any hair has to be fitted, as Vickie's head needs to be scaled up a little (I'll give out instructions), but everything else seems O.K. So, what do you think- would there be any interest in her as a price-line SMV? Would she piss-off existing SMV customer's? Should I forget the whole thing? My hidden agenda, of course, would be like Gillette, give away the razor and make money on the blades, as the idea would be they would buy SMV clothing, and once they got enough clothing they would spring for the real SMV, who will still be the best. Incidentally, I have no problem with others making SMV clothing, for free or sale, I would just hope it was high-quality.