Forum: Photography

Subject: Basilica at Notre Dame University II

billglaw opened this issue on Jun 11, 2001 ยท 9 posts

billglaw posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 11:15 PM

Taken from the baptism font, Coolpix 880. A little color balance done. Time 3:30 PM with a high Western sun.

bsteph2069 posted Tue, 12 June 2001 at 12:24 AM

It's very pretty. But you went to church and during the baptism you started snapping pictures?! =;-) > Bsteph

Jack Casement posted Tue, 12 June 2001 at 3:54 AM

I tweaked it just a little. Do you think it helps? By the way, don't have your image resolution higher than 72dpi. It speeds up downloads.

RJH posted Tue, 12 June 2001 at 6:56 AM

The tweak really brought out the colors nice shot.

billglaw posted Tue, 12 June 2001 at 11:34 AM

In order. It was a wedding. Relatives in other parts of the U.S. were able to see pictures to next Monday. Yes I like the color shift. The original was too far into the red area. I'll limit the dpi to 72. I know better, long day, senior moment. Thanks for the comments. P.S. Years ago I used to do wedding photos in 4"x 5"format. The digital camera is about the quietest and most unobtursive instrument you can find.

picnic posted Tue, 12 June 2001 at 6:37 PM

REally nice shot--it did need contrast, darkening a bit, but overall quite nice. Yes, aren't the digicams quiet?? I actually have my 'shutter click' on high so I'm aware when it does take the picture, but you could turn it completely down and have no noise.

bsteph2069 posted Tue, 12 June 2001 at 6:59 PM

Please do not take offence at my comment. I reinterate. It is a very beautiful picture either way. The contrast and color deepening simply make a beautiful picture more wonderful. Bsteph

JordyArt posted Tue, 12 June 2001 at 7:16 PM

Good pic - Jack, nice, what you did there. Yes, I love the way you can turns off all the beeps & clicks on the digi's - great for shots in crowds where you don't really want to be noticed to be taking pics..... (unless the evil clown is psychic and just KNOWS what you're doing LOL!) (",)

billglaw posted Tue, 12 June 2001 at 11:35 PM

Bsteph,Alpha101,and all: We post pictures to get the feedback, positive or negative. That is how we improve. Our art is to produce images that evoke emotion. No emotion, no art. So keep those cards and letters coming. Bill