Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: my fist poser good poser image

yellowmello opened this issue on Jun 12, 2001 ยท 8 posts

yellowmello posted Tue, 12 June 2001 at 11:51 PM

Attached Link: new to poser

this is my fist image done in poser that I like. please tell me what you think if of her. Im new to poser so can any one tell me where I can find some hi res maps and bump maps, I only have one good one and all the ones I find on sites dont have that much detail in them. Plus is ther a way to change the race of the tex maps? lol I wish I could get the eye lash to work they suck in this pic! thank for the help all.

Ms_Outlaw posted Wed, 13 June 2001 at 2:24 AM

Not sure what those dark marks are on her cheek and chin, but the pose looks really good,

Marque posted Wed, 13 June 2001 at 5:27 AM

Looks real good, but you might want to check the wrist and unbend it just a bit. There are lots of maps out there, search freestuff and don't forget the sites listed to the side like Happyworldland. ----->>>>> Welcome to the world of Poser addiction...lol Marque

melanie posted Wed, 13 June 2001 at 8:44 AM

The lashes need a transparency map with the transparency turned up to 100%, so they won't look like one solid ridge on her eye. Is this Vicki or P4Woman? Interesting pose. Melanie

InBlack posted Wed, 13 June 2001 at 9:56 AM

Grab Staale's 'vickybuster' texture for the p4 woman in the freestuff area, thats just about the best youll find for posette. Syyd's Dr. Morpheen (also in free stuff) is probably the best p4 male character/texture out there (I cant believe these two artists are giving great stuff like this out for free, its far better than some of the marketplace items out now). Kozaburo's site (www.digitalbabes2.com) has some great hair and lash transparencies, grab his lashtrans.jpg file from there and apply that in the transparency field for posettes eyelashes. Then turn the maximum transparency up to maximum and either load a texture map for the lashes or change the color to a dark brown or black.

yellowmello posted Wed, 13 June 2001 at 12:21 PM

thanks for all the help! every time I load a eyelash transparency it makes my model skin miss up. do you think I have to load a tex for the eyelash too? and one last thing if I was going to buy a poser cd whats the best ones to start off with. I want to get good at poser and make prints of my work. thank for the help

Marque posted Wed, 13 June 2001 at 1:19 PM

First, make sure you load the trans map on the eyelashs and load it under transparency, not textures. If I was starting out and wanted to get a poser CD I would probably go for models, not textures. There are two CD's out at Daz I would grab if I could, the Vickie and then the Michael. You get a start with the models and some clothes. The only way to get good at this is hard work, and sometimes disappointments, but it's worth it. I look at some of the artists here and my jaw just drops at what they are able to do. But they worked at it, some of them for years. Just keep after it and ask lots of questions, read every tutorial you can get your hands on and you will eventually get it. 8^) And just remember, we have all been where you are right now with this, every day you learn just a bit more. Marque

melanie posted Wed, 13 June 2001 at 7:52 PM

Also make sure that, when you apply the eyelash texture and transparency, that it's only on eyelashes, and not applied to the whole figure. Melanie