Forum: Carrara

Subject: Here's the scoop!!!!!

Tuck3D opened this issue on Jun 14, 2001 ยท 13 posts

Tuck3D posted Thu, 14 June 2001 at 10:54 PM

Dear Dreamers, Here is more info on Carrara Studio: Updated version of Carrara: Knowing that it is the most wanted feature, we have spent 100% of our times to work on Carrara stability. The result is nearly 100 major bug fixes. I will post the list later on. Amapi 3D v.5: Included on the inaugural Carrara Studio CD is a completely functional, fully supported version of TGS Amapi 3D, a gift in commemoration of Amapi's 10th anniversary and the merger of Eovia and TGS. Amapi 3D is recognized as one of the most flexible, advanced and fastest NURBS modeler available by professional designers. This product, packed with hundreds of features dedicated to modeling, double the value of Carrara Studio. Best of all, by acquiring Carrara Studio, you become a regular Amapi user and can upgrade to Amapi 3D v.6 (50% off the Amapi 3D v.6 regular price). Example: a MetaCreations Carrara user pay: USD 298.00 only to upgrade to Carrara Studio + Amapi 3D v.6 (instead of USD 800.00 !!!). Or only USD 99.00 for Carrara Studio with the included Amapi 3D v.5. Smart Pack. 25 of the most popular and useful third-party plug-ins developed exclusively for Carrara by Digital Carvers Guild and Lost Horizon Software. Render in cartoon styles, apply advanced procedural shaders like Slope, Brick, Lumberyard and Noise Factory, or apply Global Environment Lighting to illuminate a scene with a surrounding image. All of this, and more, become possible with the SmartPack extensions. I am really enjoying using these plug-ins! I will post soon a few images I have created with them. The new algorithmic shaders and Global Environment Lighting plug-ins are especially exciting. Complete list of plug-ins: Noise Factory, Lumber Yard, Plank Shader, Spherical Gradient, Bricks, Caution, Elevation, Index of Refraction, Noise, Scanlines, Slope, Squares, Tile, Turbulence, Light Tube, Light Shape, Anything Glows, Environmental Lighting, Master Lights, Glare, Toon, 4D Clouds, Noise Tweener, Noise Deformer, Morpher. Carrara QuickTour Carrara Studio includes eight interactive orientation tours of its extensive features in order to boost the learning curve quickly. These interactive tutorials, created by professional users, replace what MetaCreations was calling the "Tutorial Manual"! Carrara Studio also comes with additional goodies: - Unlimited and free technical support on Carrara and Amapi (a service that is getting uncommon in the software industry). - New bitmap textures coming from the best Texture Vendors. - A free and custom tool to create online interactive tutorials for Carrara Studio (Windows system only). - The famous UVMapper from Steve Cox to precisely map textures on objects with UV coordinates. All of this combined with the extremely low prices described previously makes, I believe, an unbeatable offer. As I have publicly said previously, the mission of Eovia is to: - Pursue the Ray Dream's founder vision: create affordable yet powerful 3D software for everyone. - Invent new technologies that make our customers work faster and better. - Reintroduce simple concepts, forgotten by the industry: true customer care and quality. I believe that the new Carrara Studio is indeed a powerful, simple to use, high quality and very affordable product. Happy rendering to all! Antoine Clappier Dear Dreamers, Here is more info on Carrara Studio: Updated version of Carrara: Knowing that it is the most wanted feature, we have spent 100% of our times to work on Carrara stability. The result is nearly 100 major bug fixes. I will post the list later on. Amapi 3D v.5: Included on the inaugural Carrara Studio CD is a completely functional, fully supported version of TGS Amapi 3D, a gift in commemoration of Amapi's 10th anniversary and the merger of Eovia and TGS. Amapi 3D is recognized as one of the most flexible, advanced and fastest NURBS modeler available by professional designers. This product, packed with hundreds of features dedicated to modeling, double the value of Carrara Studio. Best of all, by acquiring Carrara Studio, you become a regular Amapi user and can upgrade to Amapi 3D v.6 (50% off the Amapi 3D v.6 regular price). Example: a MetaCreations Carrara user pay: USD 298.00 only to upgrade to Carrara Studio + Amapi 3D v.6 (instead of USD 800.00 !!!). Or only USD 99.00 for Carrara Studio with the included Amapi 3D v.5. Smart Pack. 25 of the most popular and useful third-party plug-ins developed exclusively for Carrara by Digital Carvers Guild and Lost Horizon Software. Render in cartoon styles, apply advanced procedural shaders like Slope, Brick, Lumberyard and Noise Factory, or apply Global Environment Lighting to illuminate a scene with a surrounding image. All of this, and more, become possible with the SmartPack extensions. I am really enjoying using these plug-ins! I will post soon a few images I have created with them. The new algorithmic shaders and Global Environment Lighting plug-ins are especially exciting. Complete list of plug-ins: Noise Factory, Lumber Yard, Plank Shader, Spherical Gradient, Bricks, Caution, Elevation, Index of Refraction, Noise, Scanlines, Slope, Squares, Tile, Turbulence, Light Tube, Light Shape, Anything Glows, Environmental Lighting, Master Lights, Glare, Toon, 4D Clouds, Noise Tweener, Noise Deformer, Morpher. Carrara QuickTour Carrara Studio includes eight interactive orientation tours of its extensive features in order to boost the learning curve quickly. These interactive tutorials, created by professional users, replace what MetaCreations was calling the "Tutorial Manual"! Carrara Studio also comes with additional goodies: - Unlimited and free technical support on Carrara and Amapi (a service that is getting uncommon in the software industry). - New bitmap textures coming from the best Texture Vendors. - A free and custom tool to create online interactive tutorials for Carrara Studio (Windows system only). - The famous UVMapper from Steve Cox to precisely map textures on objects with UV coordinates. All of this combined with the extremely low prices described previously makes, I believe, an unbeatable offer. As I have publicly said previously, the mission of Eovia is to: - Pursue the Ray Dream's founder vision: create affordable yet powerful 3D software for everyone. - Invent new technologies that make our customers work faster and better. - Reintroduce simple concepts, forgotten by the industry: true customer care and quality. I believe that the new Carrara Studio is indeed a powerful, simple to use, high quality and very affordable product. Happy rendering to all! Antoine Clappier