Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The dreaded sliding feet

JanP opened this issue on Jun 21, 2001 ยท 10 posts

JanP posted Thu, 21 June 2001 at 6:54 PM

So we all who have tried to animate have probably had trouble with sliding feet at one time or another when using BVH files. The zygote/DAZ supplied BVH's appear to change the makeup of the Poser characters. For example when you are positioning an appendage you already know that the Y axis is up/down, x axis is left/right and the z axis is foward backward. Now apply a BVH. Now look in the raph editor. Select a foot. you will see that now it is the x axis that controls foward/backword movement of the foot. Not the z axis. Anyway I wanted to stop the feet from sliding when they are on the ground. If a fott is acurately pllanted on the ground and no sliding, its x axis graph line will be perfectly flat. This is indeed what you see in Poser but guess what. The foot is no planted at all but indeed still slides. I then began to think that it was another appendage causing the sliding affect like a shin , thigh or even the hip. But they also appear to be graphed correctly. Its as if the BVH is actually walking in place but being pulled on a string. Exactly how the walk designer appears. Seems to me that adding something in poser to firmly loc the feet on the ground at a given frame should have been terribly easy to implement. Alas I am not a program and forget about Python. I might as well be trying to read martian. Any ideas? JanP