Subject: Come see what's new...

PANdaRUS opened this issue on Sep 22, 1999 ยท 16 posts

PANdaRUS posted Wed, 22 September 1999 at 9:47 PM

Attached Link: http://www2.crosswinds.net/~pandarus/index.html

All new look...Same crazy PAN...

Tygerlander posted Wed, 22 September 1999 at 9:57 PM

hahaha That "Using PAN.WARE" bit cracked me up. =^D Tina

PANdaRUS posted Wed, 22 September 1999 at 10:01 PM

Wait until I make my NEXT tutorials..haha..you ain't seen nothing yet..hahahaha...he..ha..eh..say? what am I laughing at? it's MY site...(oh how embarrassing.) PAN~

RadArt posted Wed, 22 September 1999 at 10:10 PM

Wonderful Pan!! You do such amazing things!! That bald guy looks familiar, though. Anyone we're supposed to know?? Radart.

bazookajoe posted Thu, 23 September 1999 at 12:46 AM

I love the tutorial!

FishNose posted Thu, 23 September 1999 at 4:24 AM

:]FishNose

Boni posted Thu, 23 September 1999 at 8:37 AM

Pan, that is one of the best orgainized and designed sites I've seen. What a great job! and great textures and models as well. Great going. Best Wishes Boni

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Boni posted Thu, 23 September 1999 at 8:38 AM

Pan, that is one of the best organized and designed sites I've seen. What a great job! and great textures and models and props as well. Great going. Best Wishes Boni

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

2ndPlanet posted Thu, 23 September 1999 at 10:06 AM

Hey Pan Great site. Nice layout. I do have a few suggestions though. The first is that when you hit the home button on your site it opens an entirely new window. I know from Complaints I recieved when I first created my site that people hate this so you might want to change it. The second is the download time. I am being a slacker at work and cruising the web. My system is using a Tline and has a ridiculouse amount of ram (300 and something or other)and it is still taking forever for your images to download in fact at first I thought your pages were empty. So I check out one of your thumbs they are currently jpegs. They don't need to be. I took you thumb knocked it down from 200x200 pixels to 150x150 pixels made it adaptive indexed color with 150colors and saved it the image went from being 22k to 14k and still looked great. (I would post it here but don't know how so if you would like I will email it to you). If you did this for every image it would really knock down the download time and not sacrifice alot of quality. One of the biggest compliments I get from people about my site is how fast the images download. Just some advice to an individual for whom I have a huge amount of respect and want to have one of the best sites on the www. Take it or leave it. Once again its a great site. Conan

PANdaRUS posted Thu, 23 September 1999 at 10:26 AM

Thanks for the advice...I agree about loading times, I'm on a TLine as well here (at work) and I wasn't sure if it was the images or the fact that Crosswinds tends to be so slow at times (one of the sad things about sharing unlimited space on a server). If you wouldn't mind sending me the images...that'd be great. I can check them out and give it a shot. Also if you wouldn't mind giving a lil' step by step on how you reduced them (what software, photoshop? etc.) and saved them. Thanks again for the advice...and where's YOUR url? I'd like to check your site out...it's always a pleasure to visit a FAST loading site..haha PAN~

2ndPlanet posted Thu, 23 September 1999 at 10:43 AM

Pan, You know I didn't even think that it could be the server and i am sure that is probably part of it. I do think that if you change the images it will help. I will email you your images. With a quick how to. Maybe I should make a tutorial on how to make your graphics thin trim and efficient on the web. Conan Oh and My URL is http://home.earthlink.net/~cvenus/

RadArt posted Thu, 23 September 1999 at 1:38 PM

Perhaps 2nd Planet would be kind and nice enough to share this effeciancy secret with some of us other less respectable folks who need help??? Perhaps in the tutorial section of the forum, or even on your nice 2nd planet website?? It would be soooo much appreciated!! How about it Conan?? Would you be so kind as to share your secret with us?? Or are we to suffer the wrath of poverty stricken high bandwith problems because of our ignorance?? Radart.

2ndPlanet posted Thu, 23 September 1999 at 2:19 PM

Ok OK Rad you have convinced me there will be a tutorial as they say in the movies Coming Soon... I will get to crackin'

PANdaRUS posted Thu, 23 September 1999 at 2:25 PM

you da man 2nd, you da man....(um..if you is da woman my bad. I have to be politically correct ya know.) PAN~ P.S. I'll have to give your suggestions a try...granted it will take me a while with the way it takes to so much time on a 56k at home to upload to the slow server that is Crosswinds..but I'll definitely give it a shot! And thanks for the info mail! It was very informative... :)

2ndPlanet posted Thu, 23 September 1999 at 3:34 PM

No I am a man at least last time I checked. Otherwise my wife is a lesbian and we would have to get divorced?..... Wait....well now I am just confused?? Anyways, I hope it helps you out Pan and makes sure you check out my site when you get a chance. http://home.earthlink.net/~cvenus/ and to the rest of all of yous I will have a tutorial up soon.

RadArt posted Thu, 23 September 1999 at 4:43 PM

Thank you, oh great Conan!! I, for one, will be looking forward to your wonderful tutorial. And I'm sure others will follow.... (Like when Moses parted the Sea, you will lead us to lower bandwith greatness and we shall all be forever in your debt!!) Thanks Conan!! Radart, (bowing down in your honour) Seriously though, no pun intended, THANKS, (I'm just so extremely SILLY today and I hope you's not offended by my joking?)