Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Help with joints Parameters on Privateer

lakota opened this issue on Sep 23, 1999 ยท 4 posts

lakota posted Thu, 23 September 1999 at 10:57 AM

Help with joints Parameters The above image is of the waistcoat of the privateer I've been working on. I am having troubles with the collar/shoulder of this coat working as I would like. The image on the left is of the coat using a copy of the leotard.cr2 as a base, the right is using the catsuit.cr2. As can be seen there are these holes on the left chest and neck, but on the right the holes are gone but the collar has turned down following the invisible non physicaly connected shoulder, which is not what I want. I guess I would like the collar to follow the shoulder as it moves front to back and up. but not down. I just don't know how to do this. Can any one help? Lakota

scott posted Thu, 23 September 1999 at 4:51 PM

I have some questions about this one 1.) are the holes in the left image inverted normals,actual missing pieces of the mesh, or is the skin just poking through the coat? 2.)other than the holes. do you like the way the coat in the left image works? Scott Ayers iamsba@aol.com

lakota posted Thu, 23 September 1999 at 8:47 PM

Scott, The holes are not real holes just the area in below the figure's chest, yes "the skin is poking through". I like the way the left images works with the up-turned shoulder pad like look. Lakota

scott posted Thu, 23 September 1999 at 10:31 PM

ok. It looks like the problem occurs when you lower the arm. So I would try to move the center point of the SHIRT collar away from the neck of the woman. Go to window->joint editor and a window will pop up already in center mode. So just move the green crosshairs around then lower the arm to test it out. I don't have that coat so you will have to experiment with the centerpoint to see what works best. But make sure you don't move the woman's collar joints by accident. They are named the same. So check to see that you are working on the correct figure. Conformed clothes become figures. That's how they are able to move with the body they are attached to. Good Luck Scott Ayers iamsba@aol.com