Forum: Bryce

Subject: My entry for the contest...

will3ivxdude opened this issue on Jul 06, 2001 ยท 12 posts

will3ivxdude posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 12:58 AM

I have been a registerd member for quite a while here, and this is (or so I believe, anyway) my first post. First off, Agent Smith, congrats on winning the contest. Second off I decided to suck up to you by doing an image with you/one of your agent friends in it. :-P. Anyhew, this is the first Image I have shared... it's not too good... I am not satisfied with it... it would be cool to enter in this month's contest... but does anyone have any suggestions? If anyone can take the time to critique it, I would really be happy. Anyhew, here it is. And no, you will not get to see Neo's head.

AgentSmith posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 3:28 AM

LOl...knew at least one or more would do Matrix...;o) Well, you still have 25 days `til the end of the contest, if you still want to do anything to it, you do have time. I would...stick a Ellipsoid (long egg shaped primitive) and a cylinder primitive (both from Bryce) together to make more realistic looking bullet rounds, perhaps a metal material to them. I see you can blur, very nice, great way to show motion, might want to blur your bullets and/or the "bullet time effect", not sure...may make them too indistinguishable. Perhaps a concrete looking texture to the ground. Great scene from a awesome movie! Best of luck, will3ivxdude, you have a great start. Gotta tell ya, those Agents are handsome guys. Agent Smith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

will3ivxdude posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 10:35 AM

Yes, I probably can make bullets better. =). I did that in photoshop by the way,so dont' give Bryce the credit for the blurring (I selected the agent, filter:blur:motion blur). I tried blurring the bullet/bullet time thing... didn't come out too well. I sort of like my image, too, but it still doesn't satisft me. (I know somone will come in with this image that is indistinguisable from a photo and no one will have any chance). Thanks for the suggestion. -Will.

will3ivxdude posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 11:41 AM

Well, here's my newest render. Notice the change in the bullets, some shells on the ground, a small amount of blur in the air cycle thingeys. It's an improvement, but still doesnt' satisfy me. Any suggestions?

ledenko posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 12:42 PM

Hmmm... Isn't the guy shooting holding the gun a little strange? It just seems so to me, so don't kill me if my eyes suck :))

will3ivxdude posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 6:06 PM

Is this better? :-)

chanson posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 7:17 PM

Next, I'd add background details, and work on the agent character a bit... I've got a first idea on this one, but it will be time consuming... Good idea for a contest this month! Chris

will3ivxdude posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 10:53 PM

I have been thinking of adding a more interesting background but am clueless as to what I should add... have any suggestions? (Sorry to sound like one of those needy grandmothers here). Thx. -Will

EricofSD posted Sat, 07 July 2001 at 3:51 AM

Will, good entry. The challenge for me has been about learning. You're off to a good start and don't lurk so more, share your stuff, its nice. Agent has taught us much and you have something to offer whether you realize it or not. Good luck.

SevenOfEleven posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 11:45 AM

In the movie, the action happened on a rooftop. Maybe you could add some buildings in the background.

ajtooley posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 4:40 PM

Nice start! (I'm still trying to decide which movie to pull a scene from!)

atthisstage posted Mon, 09 July 2001 at 10:26 AM

Lose the spats on the guy's shoes. I know that's how they appear in Poser, but does anyone know anyone who wears shoes like that? Fortunately, in Bryce, it's easy to change, so do it. Now. Don't even hesitate. Also, the gun looks a tad out of scale. Take it down in size and see if it that doesn't work a little better.