Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Smoke or fog?

DocMatter opened this issue on Jul 12, 2001 ยท 6 posts

DocMatter posted Thu, 12 July 2001 at 11:17 PM

I'm trying to create a scene (animation) where a figure walks through a small fog bank (or cloud of smoke). I want them to be completely obscured for a moment before reemerging from the fog. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? I only have Poser ProPack, Rhino, and the Max4 demo I got from 3DWorld a couple of months ago and haven't installed yet. (I'm saving my 15 days until I really need it.)

dolly posted Fri, 13 July 2001 at 3:44 AM

could`nt you apply a trans map to the whole figure for the amount of frames you want the figure to dissapear just a though

Schlabber posted Fri, 13 July 2001 at 4:52 AM

applying a morph-target to a box that simulates the fog could also work ... (just another thought)

wetworks posted Fri, 13 July 2001 at 6:29 AM

Seems to me that 3DWorld had a tutorial on this about two months ago, with an animation of a gremlin walking through a cemetery. If memory serves, dangerous ground there, they used a transmap on a sphere and could rotate it during the animation to allow the fog to move a little.

Huolong posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 5:34 AM

There's fog with astro_3d's world builder props available at DAZ and 3D Commune

Gordon

davidm posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 8:25 AM

Attached Link: http://www.coolfun.com/illusion

If you want this effect the easy-peasy way, with TONS of other cool effects too, check out Illusion 2 from Impulse. This program seriously rocks! Trust me! (A very happy customer) Dave :-)