Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Painter 3D SE

cheshire opened this issue on Sep 30, 1999 ยท 7 posts

cheshire posted Thu, 30 September 1999 at 5:59 AM

Is there a fix out there for the XXX that appears on the Import menu? I know it's a missing or corrupt resource file that's causing the problem, but don't know if a fix has ever been found. Thanks. Jim

bloodsong posted Thu, 30 September 1999 at 8:12 AM

heya; yes, there was a fix posted on the metacreations site. (click on link at right.) i've never gotten it yet, since i figured out which xxx means 'obj.' :)

cheshire posted Thu, 30 September 1999 at 8:15 AM

Thanks. However, the link on the Metacreations site appears not to be for Painter 3D SE. When I tried to install it, it told me Painter3D was not properly installed. I continued anyway (always a bad idea, by the way) and then it wouldn't let me start Painter3D because it wanted a serial number. I had to remove Painter3D and reinstall it. Oh well. Jim

Foxhollow posted Thu, 30 September 1999 at 3:51 PM

I did try Painter 3D for a short time and got the patch required for Poser from Meta. It may have beem listed under Poser rather than Painter. It WAS noited as a patch for Painter 3D and Poser. The file name was pd3_101_patch.zip and was about 2.5 mb.

cheshire posted Thu, 30 September 1999 at 4:10 PM

That certainly sounds like the exact file I downloaded. Maybe I'll explore some more what's going on here. Thanks.

bloodsong posted Thu, 30 September 1999 at 7:01 PM

heya; i think 'obj' is the last xxx on the list. you can try just using that. i mean, if youre desperate! :)

hebdemnobad posted Fri, 14 July 2000 at 9:40 AM

goto http://www.bryceworks.com/p3d/loadpzr/loadpzr.html the Painter 3d file that will fix this problem is there