Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Would anyone like a Makeup Tutorial?

sama1 opened this issue on Jul 16, 2001 ยท 11 posts

sama1 posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 8:04 AM

I have been playing with Victoria 2 and changing her colors around and thought others may like it as well. I was going to develop my own Makeup Kit but discovered a wealth of stuff all over the web. What I am proposing is a tutorial on changing the eye colors. Changing the eyebrow colors. Setting the lips to a single color with no texture map, but adding a bump map instead. Adding a tint to the texture file to simulate different makeup looks. Also including information on how to save these settings to a MAT pose file for later use. Also I have found a great Eyeshadow/LipColor kit from Alan Lee, which I would like to show how to use to create great different Eyeshadow looks for Victoria. Of course I do not intend to leave out Posette and will try to include information for her as well. I will still need to find someplace to host this tutorial if anyone is interested. Sama1

Marque posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 8:12 AM

Yes I would be very interested, thank you for sharing. Marque

Poppy posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 9:07 AM

I also would be interested, thanks so much, Poppy

Poppi posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 9:23 AM

Sounds good to me, too. Pop...pop...Poppi!!

Crescent posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 12:20 PM

I could host it if the file pictures are reasonable size. I'd give full credit, of course. Coincidentally, I'm the one hosting the Alan Lee make-up kit. You can check it out at http://www.fallencity.net/treasures to see how I gave credit for the file I'm hosting.

visualkinetics posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 12:53 PM

I thought people have all forgotten about my make-up kit. It's nice to know that I actually get credited properly. I still owe great thanks to Crescent for her generous hosting, as thousands of downloads have occurred for this kit. I never released a V2 update since I didn't get much response for a new release. I've been busy trying to acquire new skills to offer more stuff. visualkinetics

nikitacreed posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 1:36 PM

I had never heard of it! Thanks so much visualkinetics! I was just having trouble painting makeup on a texture! Someone must have read my mind! I really appreciate it! :o) I am a happy camper and off to use this puppy! :o)

Nebula posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 3:01 PM

I'd be interested too!

spudgrl posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 3:42 PM

Count me in. I use the makeup kit all the time. Id love a new one for vic 2. :)

sama1 posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 5:40 PM

I guess there is an interest in a Makeup Tutorial, so I will try finishing some of the Webpages I have so far and if Cresent does not find I will e-mail what I have; then start finishing the rest. I hope this helps. Sama

Marque posted Tue, 17 July 2001 at 5:27 AM

I can make a pdf of the web pages when you are done if you like so that people can download it. 8^) Just let me know if you need that done. Marque acbts@cwo.com