Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: NEW APOSER ALPHABET POSES

Don opened this issue on Oct 03, 1999 ยท 6 posts

Don posted Sun, 03 October 1999 at 12:21 PM

Attached Link: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vision_vessel/PoserABC.html

Visit my website at the attached link to see the first third of my Poser 3D Figure Alphabet, A-L. I have finished the entire alphabet and the numerals, which I will soon finish posting. I think it is the first human figure alphabet-in-the-round. Each is a dance-like or acrobatic pose forming a letter. Attached is a sample image, spelling POSER4. Comments are welcome. Don

wyrwulf posted Sun, 03 October 1999 at 12:31 PM

That's great work.

JeffH posted Sun, 03 October 1999 at 2:30 PM

The modern dance theme works really well. Have you tried it in B&W with stronger sculpting shadows? -JH.

Foxhollow posted Sun, 03 October 1999 at 2:42 PM

This has been done before, but don't let that stop you. The idea of "Dance" behind it adds alot...can see that influence in the example. I did only two letters in this manner for my web page logo and that was enough for me! I know how much work this takes...very nice job! Foxhollow

Don posted Sun, 03 October 1999 at 2:49 PM

Thanx, one and all. Yes, Jeff, I hvae done these figures with local color, colored light sets on white figures (as seen at my site), and some in B&W strong lights. Each pose was worked out from the Default. I'd eventually like to animate figures in a dance or acrobatic routine, which will progressively form the alphabet or words. Don

Don posted Tue, 05 October 1999 at 6:04 PM

Yes, I know that figure aphabets have been around for a long time. See my site for a brief history of figures-as-letters art (of writing). See the book, Letter and Image, by Andre Massin for a comprehensive history. However, as I stated, I beleive that mine is the first complete 3D in-the-round figure alphabet. Don