Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser and Carrara

sulian opened this issue on Jul 21, 2001 ยท 2 posts

sulian posted Sat, 21 July 2001 at 11:08 AM

I'm a new user of Carrara and i want to import poser character but i have some problems with transparency map. Someone can help me ?

jschoen posted Sat, 21 July 2001 at 11:43 AM

Unfortunatly there has been a problem with T maps in Carrara for a long time. Go to the Carrara forum here and you'll see along with my posts, other posts having the same problem. I still can't get a render without black eyewhites and T map shadows. I even have the latest "Studio" upgrade. One reason for problems is te extra "cornea" on Vicky's and Mike's eyes. And Poser doesn't allow you to export the figure without these. And removing them in Carrara is quite diffucult. but that defeats the wonderful addition of these extra features anyway. I've only got the eyelashes to work with transparency in Carrara. I really don't understand why Carrara has such a problem. Your best bet for an explination is again on the Carrara forum here, but I've never got an answer. I'll also point out that Carrara makes it nearly impossible to understand transparency to begin with. Let's hope that Carrara 2 will address this. James