Forum: Vue

Subject: A Self Portrait (with apologies to Gary Larson)

Jackson opened this issue on Jul 21, 2001 ยท 9 posts

Jackson posted Sat, 21 July 2001 at 4:53 PM

Ever have one of those days?

melis000 posted Sat, 21 July 2001 at 4:56 PM

Hi Jackson, This one is very funny. I love it.

MikeJ posted Sat, 21 July 2001 at 5:13 PM

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!! Oh yeah, OK, I get it--- he strolled all the way across the desert only to be knocked down by the only thing around! LOL! Oh man, this is good!

Daffy34 posted Sat, 21 July 2001 at 9:29 PM

I LOVE IT! hehehe...pretty funny :-D Laurie

Varian posted Sat, 21 July 2001 at 10:06 PM

ROFL! Great job, Jackson! And yes, I had a day just like that yesterday; it's just about that same temperature here, too! :D

karlm posted Sat, 21 July 2001 at 11:35 PM

gotta feel bad for the palm tree...

Jackson posted Sun, 22 July 2001 at 9:56 AM

Thank you all for the kind remarks. This was my first-ever post and, since I'm not an artist, I had to go for laughs instead. A couple points: My Poser imports have worked flawlessly since I got Vue. It asked for poser.exe once and that was it. Also, can anyone think of a way to make realistic looking tracks of a person crawling on hands & knees thru the sand? I sure couldn't. Thanks again. Glad you liked the scene.

Varian posted Mon, 23 July 2001 at 1:19 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=349104

I think Gary Larson would approve, too. :) A couple methods for making footprints was recently discussed in this thread (at the URL). Maybe that info will help. :)

Jackson posted Mon, 23 July 2001 at 7:26 PM

Thanks Varian, I would hope that he would. I'd seen that thread and tried some of the things mentioned. But those are foot prints. I wanted to make tracks of a person crawling on their hands & knees through the sand. The above pic is the best I could do (in the time alotted anyway).