Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How did they do that. How did they make the skirt bend!!

datastorm opened this issue on Jul 25, 2001 ยท 7 posts

datastorm posted Wed, 25 July 2001 at 6:59 PM

Ok folks . . .How did they make the skirt bend with distortion and breaking up!! I thought that it could not be done. Any one know how to make this happen?

atthisstage posted Wed, 25 July 2001 at 7:13 PM

Ah, the japanese.... very inscrutable... I'd guess that it's a whole whack of polygons at work here, most of which come into play only when the skirt is being conformed to poses like this. Just a guess.

shadowcat posted Wed, 25 July 2001 at 7:34 PM

I would say the reason is the way the skirt "B" is put together. Skirt "B" has the hip as the hip only. On the other hand the typical skirt's hip continues down to the bottom of the hem line as in skirt "A". The down side to skirt "B" is the inability to spread the knees, making walking difficult.

Jackbox posted Wed, 25 July 2001 at 8:13 PM

the ture answer is, the skirt is morph obj. 3groups for poseble(abdomen-hip-skirt)and the skirt parts contaions morph target for bend & side to make it look like poseble,no ik to thigh parts.u sd dl one to chk out how it works. it's great idea.

David_Amos posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 3:32 AM

There is a skirt at Daz 3D thats for Vicky which has two forms, one for standing and one sitting. I like some of the props used in these pictures, what is the WEB address for this site please? I particularly like the bike. David

hauksdottir posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 4:36 AM

DAvid, look for Digital Babes and Iso's Page. They have links to the other neat Japanese sites, too.

sergemarck posted Thu, 26 July 2001 at 2:24 PM

These pics are coming from the site of my little friend ISO at http://www23.freeweb.ne.jp/photo/isop2400/product.html (japonese police collection link. He made really fine items. If you want to see how they are done, just download them and learn :) Serge