Forum: Vue

Subject: 2D Picture Mapping-Question Please

jgmart opened this issue on Jul 29, 2001 ยท 6 posts

jgmart posted Sun, 29 July 2001 at 8:10 AM

Attached Link: http://www.jgmart.com

Hello All, I'm still having problems using pictures in my scenes. I'm probably missing something basic, but I just can't figure it out..... I've been using a wonderful tutorial from Guitta's site - Using Pictures Inside Scenes, but I get stuck at the end...... Here are the steps I've done so far: I'm using a picture which has been edited in Photoshop. It has an alpha channel. - I open a new scene. - I add a plane - I go to the Material Editor - I select Mapped Picture and load the picture (at this point Guitta's tutorial notes an "Object Space" to check, can't find that in Vue4) - I then go into to the Transparency tab - I set the Global transparency to 100. I check Variable Transparency. - At this point I need to go to the Transparency amount & softness function. I can't find it. When I click the sphere it takes me to a list of materials to choose from????? This is were I'm stopped...... I know I'm supposed to do something with that Alpha channel, just can't seem to get there....... Can someone please get me to the next steps.... Thanks very much for your time!!!!!!! John