Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is Poser Pro Pack worth it for an Amateur?

WiNC opened this issue on Aug 06, 2001 ยท 6 posts

WiNC posted Mon, 06 August 2001 at 5:02 PM

Wow two topics in one day I must be ill. But honestly I need some advice on Poser Pro Pack. I have had a look through the last few months of topics and not really found anything that can answer this. Im an Amateur, and proud of it (and no I havent made a Dolphin picture yet! smile), however got Poser from a sale a little while back before Poser Pro Pack came out. Now, I have looked at the webpage about Poser Pro Pack, studied it a bit however I still cant figure out if it will give me anything extra which 4.03 offers. Im going to be working on still shots only, and really am not interested in the animation side of Poser yet is Poser Pro Pack more tailored for the animation over single scenes? * I dont have 3dMax or Lightwave so those plug-ins are really a waste and since I have Bryce 4 Im a little iffy about getting another rendering program. Why didnt they offer a Bryce plugin (pout). * The export Metastream 3 files isnt really my thing either so Im not ultimately worried about this. * The multiple view ports of a scene sounds really nice (very much like Rhino which I like). Is it worth the upgrade price for this option however? * Motion blur for final rendered animations um I can do this with Post rendering in Photoshop * Python scripting environment controls Okay, this I dont really understand. What will the Python scripting offer? I have noticed a face randomizer around but other then that what else can this type of thing offer? * Pro Pack Setup Room feature Will this allow me to import 3DS models of people and then make them poseable? * New Web characters I presume from that it means that these are not real life characters just those cartoon like characters Im seeing around? What are they missing out of their features section in Curious Labs? Are their any extra figures bar the web characters? Have they improved and fixed the original models so that they dont break as much when you pose them? Then the thing Im really interested in what problems can upgrading cause? Do older models get effected by the new version? Will a lot of the free downloads I have done be useless after upgrade? If you know anything that can help educate me I would be really interested, and Im sure other amateurs would also. Thanks Tracey-Anne (WiNC)