Forum: Bryce

Subject: Booleans in Bryce 4

markf opened this issue on Aug 15, 2001 ยท 6 posts

markf posted Wed, 15 August 2001 at 5:56 PM

I am trying to make a Potato shape using some spheres but I get a line or seam where the shapes blend together. Can anyone tell me how to eliminate those?

extrusiontek posted Wed, 15 August 2001 at 9:00 PM

Get Bryce 5 and use the cool metaballs!!!!! Sorry I don't have a real answer for you, I am still learning myself. ;_}

extrusiontek posted Wed, 15 August 2001 at 11:20 PM

this is a qiuck potato (well it kind of looks like one I think) I made with 3 metaballs in Bryce 5... *S*

markf posted Thu, 16 August 2001 at 12:16 PM

Good Potato, but no $$ for any new software. Is the upgrade really worth the extra cash?

extrusiontek posted Thu, 16 August 2001 at 2:41 PM

I really think so.... Just take a look at all of the great images done with it.The tree lab is worth it alone!!! That's just my opinion, I'm sure not everyone feels the same. Since you have B4 you can get B5 for $100-$150. I got mine from CompUsa for $99 +shipping. (They were having a special)

thunderdon posted Mon, 03 September 2001 at 1:08 AM

This may work: (has for me) 1. Set all spheres to positive using the attributes panel PRIOR to grouping them. 2. Still PRIOR to grouping, select individual spheres and pull up material editor. Use the rendering options triangle and set the object recieve shadows to false. You could also set object cast shadows to false if the spud doesn't need to cast shadow on supporting surface or neighboring spud. 3. NOW group them and render.... This works for me when I use intersecting shapes to create swirling or "controlled" smoke and mist. Check my gallery images with fire and or smoke. They all had the same problem you speak of until I applied above... good luck! (Why a spud?)