Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ Tech Tip #4

DAZTechGirl opened this issue on Aug 22, 2001 ยท 14 posts

DAZTechGirl posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 3:06 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com

Hello Everybody! It's Betsy from DAZ, back with another Tech Tip, "Managing Your Poser Library". You can veiw it on our website or on the Front Page here in a few days. Thanks eveyone for your support! Enjoy!! Betsy Schow DAZ Tech tech@daz3d.com

Bia posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 3:11 PM

thank You betsy... :)

ScottA posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 6:10 PM

Hey Betsy, I saw a TV commercial today for "PUFFS" facial tissue. Were the DAZ kids used in that commercial? They looked an awful lot like them to me. ScottA

DAZTechGirl posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 6:36 PM

Scott, We don't know. If anybody does know, we'd sure love to find out! :) Betsy DAZ Productions

wyrwulf posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 6:42 PM

Attached Link: http://www.puffs.com/index/index_flash.html

Here is the Puffs web site, with a small flash animation. Is that the kid you meant, Scott? http://www.puffs.com/index/index_flash.html

ScottA posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 6:58 PM

Yea. That looks like them. Are those DAZ models? Or were they done by someone else? ScottA

nitreug posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 7:43 PM

Betsy: If I move all items from Victoria in one folder as you mentionned in your tip, what will happen when one item need to be updated? What the DAZ3D updater will do? Will it find it in the new directory or just create the file in the original directory?

nitreug posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 7:44 PM

Where the DAZ3D boy come from?

Marque posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 12:57 AM

I don't think they are the daz models. Marque

DAZTechGirl posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 10:02 AM

When you start moving around your library, whenever you update, you will need to install the update to your desktop and manually place the files to their new locations. Betsy DAZ Tech

Huolong posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 10:12 AM

I try to put my textures of a type in specified directory for that type (all Eve texture files go to an "eve" directory, etc). Poser seems to find assigned texts regardless of where I park them in the textures directory. But, given the fact that there is a path specified in the libraries directory, is it better to modify the cr2 or pp2 for the new path?

Gordon

DAZTechGirl posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 11:04 AM

Poser 4 seems to be a little better at finding textures if they are not in the specified locations. Pro Pack however, won't look if it's is not in the exact directory. While editing the CR2 and PP2 etc, is a good solution, it is also potentially disasterous for those who do not know what they are doing. If you understand how they work though, modifying the CR2 is a good way to customize your library. Thanks, Betsy DAZ Tech

Huolong posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 6:02 PM

I have 4.02 with ProPack and it has no trouble in finding textures in other than specified directories, although it takes a little time in loading. The only bother I have with that modification is that it won't create bump maps and it refuses to accept anything other than the specified bump map. I have another copy of ProPack that I use solely for producing bump maps. I have been considering moving all thirty gigs of data to that application, but won't now that you tell me that ProPack in it's pristine form won't accept textures in the wrong directory. Are you sure?

Gordon

DAZTechGirl posted Fri, 24 August 2001 at 11:01 AM

It has been my experience that Pro Pack does have trouble with this in an un-updated form. Betsy