Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Two questions Reflection maps/ .bvh

deadboy opened this issue on Aug 23, 2001 ยท 5 posts

deadboy posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 3:06 AM

IS it possable to create reflection maps in POser? Or is that better let to other apps. Like say I wanted to make a giant human skull next to a girl and the girl is relecting on the skull. Or even Glass effects like you can do in other 3d apps. What on earth are .bvh files and what can you do with them Thanks Much

iberika posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 6:14 AM

I was going to post exactely the same question: is it possible to have surfaces with reflections in Poser like in Bryce? Unfortunately I don't think so! gracias iberika

Jim Burton posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 6:45 AM

You have to make them in another application and apply them. Poser doesn't do raytracing (like Bryce), you can't get real reflections, and you also can't control how the map is applied (spherical, reguarless of how the item is UV mapped). I get the best results with a simple horizion-line map, incidently. If I recall correctly, .bvh files are motion files, sort of like a multi-frame pose.

Jackson posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 9:47 AM

Yep, .bvh files are saved animations...only without the figures. I'm no expert, but I believe you put a figure in your scene then apply the bvh file to it to animate it. I did it once long ago just to see if it would work, and it did. Don't remember how I did it, though. I think there are some bvh files on the Poser 4 content CD and the manual will tell you how to do it.

deadboy posted Thu, 23 August 2001 at 3:40 PM

Thanks alot for your help. I guess working with Poser in conjuntion with other apps is the ansewr ....for now