Forum: Bryce

Subject: User Leaf textures help!!!!!

extrusiontek opened this issue on Aug 26, 2001 ยท 12 posts

extrusiontek posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 7:37 PM

I remember seeing a tree posted here that had leaves that said Bryce. How do you use text to make leaves? I tried to use my son's name as a leaf and I get white leaves with writing on them. Here are the settings and outcome. I just want to get a leaf that looks like text that isn't on paper. Does that make sense??? If some one can help me I would be very grateful!!

extrusiontek posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 7:39 PM

here is the outcome of my attempt.

cowtoast posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 8:34 PM

Set the leaf shape to "User Leaf". Then it should work. (The image is just one I did using one of my own scanned leaves).

extrusiontek posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 9:15 PM

I just tried that and I get the same results as I did before. I am very confused.

cowtoast posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 9:21 PM

I think the same thing happened to me at first. Try changing the setting to a material texture, instead of image, and use your pictures as the material, and make sure you're using a User Leaf. If that doesn't work, then hope someone else comes along ;)

extrusiontek posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 9:22 PM

Thanks I will try right now!! ;0)

extrusiontek posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 9:32 PM

Ok, I just tried to use text and leaves.....It looks like a piece of paper. I appreciate the help, maybe a I just don't understand. Is there a tutorial anywhere about leaves???

cowtoast posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 9:42 PM

Well, I have to go to sleep, so hopefully someone else that knows what's wrong will log on.. There's a pic of my settings, and it's all I can do.. Good luck with your leaves. http://www.brycetech.com/tutor/bryce/tree4.html There's a page that should help

extrusiontek posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 10:20 PM

Thanks sooooo much!!!! I think I have it! If it comes out right I will post! Thanks again to all!!!!!!

Micheleh posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 10:28 PM

I think the "square paper leaves" is brilliant! I love it. It reminds me of an ad for printers, or copiers.

tradivoro posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 11:27 PM

Hey Cowtoast, the scanned leaves look great...

kaom posted Mon, 27 August 2001 at 2:53 AM

Attached Link: http://www.dover.k12.oh.us/schools/dhs/teacher/mathias/leaf_notebook/TOC.htm

check this site out, it has a collection of leaf photos that might work great for this purpose. kaom