Forum: Vue

Subject: Books

Deathbringer opened this issue on Aug 29, 2001 ยท 5 posts

Deathbringer posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 2:09 PM

I have been a long time Bryce user, but am looking into Vue. Can anyone recommend books that are good for learning, any price range doesn't matter. Thanks

tradivoro posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 2:46 PM

Unfortunately, there are NO books for Vue d'Esprit... I particularly find this a bit of a drag... So, unfortunately, there are no books... But also being a long time Bryce user, I can tell you that there are similarities between the two programs as far as functions are concerned, but a lot the ones in Vue are easier... Like take textre editing or texture creation... A lot simpler than Bryce... Vue has the tree thing down very well as well as other vegetation... Bryce has a certain quality that I like, but Vue is a great complement to Bryce since it does have a different look than Bryce...

Deathbringer posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 2:58 PM

Cool, well thanks for the responce. I think I will get it anyway and give it a whirl.

Varian posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 2:59 PM

No Vue books yet, but don't dismiss the manual, which is actually quite helpful and contains several step-by-step tutorials that teach various techniques. Also, as Tradivoro noted, there are similarities between the programs. Certain methods one might use with Bryce can also be used in Vue. I've picked up on a number of things by reading Bryce tutorials, then "translating" the terms into Vue. The results you achieve are what count. :)

agiel posted Fri, 31 August 2001 at 11:21 AM

You can also just have a look at the vue tutorials available here. They are a good way to see how to use Vue compared to Bryce.