Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: is this even feasible for a novice?

ShortySeanbo opened this issue on Sep 06, 2001 ยท 5 posts

ShortySeanbo posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 10:25 PM

I was wondering if there are some good tutorials (or just if someone can explain) how I could try to go about morphing one of the p4 chars (or a marketplace char if need be) to match a person i know. I know this may be hard for someone to answer without knowing what she looks like, but she wanted a portrait for her birthday so i was at least going to try. I really have to change the shape of the head. I looked at the Tutorials on renderosity and carefully studied the one by cake one, but i really need to morph the head to make it rounder. i tried playing witht he dials in Poser and didn't get anything remotely human. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Cin- posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 10:34 PM

Go to morphs.bbay.com and read Travelers tutorials on morphing with magnets... you can do it all right inside of poser... and the tutorials are pretty helpful in figuring out how to use the magnets... unless of course you have some other 3d modeling program, then you can probably find a tutorial for that particular proram to use... there's a tutorial for Anim8or, and the program itself is free... www.anim8or.com (I think)

doug_ posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 10:44 PM

go around and collect morphs!!!! www.propsguild.com , have a good selection to start with, also get Morph Manager so you can swap morphs between characters, being fairly new too it all myself i found this is a great way to speed up creation of characters :) even though i have made a few minor morphs that i've needed occasionally, i've found that normally if you can think of something then somebody else has done it already! :)

jamball77 posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 11:10 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?Sectionid=3

Check out a program in the Rosity Marketplace. A program called still to real I have it. It works and gets you close. But it's tough getting all the neuances of a real person into a 3D model.

BUFFSTER1 posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 11:18 PM

Try using the morph magnets that come with poser. You can accomplish a great deal without having to use an external program. First you want to set the figure style to smooth shaded lined. Click on the display menu, then drop down to Document style, smooth shaded lined. This will show the facets and lines that make up the character. Next apply a magnet. Click on the objects menu and then click on create magnet. Make sure you have selected the body part that you want to apply the magnet to. Once the magnet is created, it will be represented by an object that looks just like a magnet. The magnet has 3 parts to it. The magnet itself, the magnet base, and a magnet zone. All these are important. From here, you can play around with the magnets. Apply as many as your system can handle but remember to back up your work often. Oh, one more thing. Once you have the morph the way you want it, Click on the object you are morphing one more time, then go back to the objects menu and hit "Spawn Morph Target". A pop up menu will come up asking you to name your new morph target. Give it any name you want. Do this as many times for as many morphs that you need. Once you have finished, then go to the Windows Menu and click on Heirarchy. Click on Figure, then create a new figure.Add your figure to your library, and VOILA!, you have a new character with all the morphs you need. Hope this helps.