Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: Can more props be merged down to one?

Zrincx opened this issue on Sep 10, 2001 ยท 7 posts

Zrincx posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 5:09 PM

Allright, the Subject line says it all, but an illustration attached will hopefully support what it is I try to say. Heres a short explanation: I made a 3ds model in ACad2000 of the "frame" of the gun, everything else cylinders and boxes etc, are simple props from Poser. IS it possible to "merge/melt" them all into one single prop ??? I cant find any subject on this in the manual. Thanks in advance. Zrincx.

dollpartz posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 6:17 PM

U mean in Poser? I would guess u could build a hierarchy in the hierarchy editor. If I understand the question. :)

Zrincx posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 6:27 PM

Thats right in Poser.. But I dont know the hierarchy editor :-(

dollpartz posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 7:17 PM

Oh ... again I dunno if this is the best answer or nething, but ah, CLick WINDOW on the menu bar, and then Hierarchy editor, if yer props r loaded, u'll see em there (may have 2 scroll down some). Drag em one by one under the same parent (pick one of the parts 2 b the parent). That's what I would try.

dollpartz posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 7:18 PM

Drag the names in the editor I mean ...

Miss Nancy posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 7:57 PM

Just export it all as wavefront.obj it will be one merged object

Grey_cat posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 8:59 PM

If you're talking about Autocad. Select all, expload, then go to File, export, 3ds. A dialog box will come up, make sure the weld check box is check, and it should come out as one piece