Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Location of Scar Tutorial?

Moonbiter opened this issue on Sep 12, 2001 ยท 6 posts

Moonbiter posted Wed, 12 September 2001 at 10:49 PM

I feel like such an idiot but I read this the other day and now I can't find the link to it the tutorial listing. In it the author shows an easy way of giving your textures great facial scars If anyone knows which one I am talking about I would appreciate a link.... :) Thanks,

leather-guy posted Wed, 12 September 2001 at 11:59 PM

Easiest way would be to make a bmp map. Can't recall a good tutorial, but I can suggest the method I used to learn how to make scars & fissures; find the template for the character you're using, (the UV wireframe-like skin layout) convert to greyscale, and apply it to your character as a bmp map; take a few moments to study how it appears in a close-up render of the face. You'll make the connection, & you'll be off & running to create your own bmp map in any paint-type program! - once you've got your scar bmp map done & placed, you can apply color on the corrisponding texture. (Red for fresh cuts, & palor for older) Hope this helps! Happy rendering!

veamon posted Thu, 13 September 2001 at 12:51 AM

send me an email, i know an easy way to photoshop it without doin bump maps and all

David_Amos posted Thu, 13 September 2001 at 8:04 AM

Look down the side at Affiliated Artists and find Archangel Gabriel. This is one of the best i've found on scars. Well i think this is the one you mean, if not it's still great. :o) Take care David

Moonbiter posted Thu, 13 September 2001 at 11:57 AM

Thanks everyone, David that was the one I was looking for, Thanks again. I appreciate it.

David_Amos posted Thu, 13 September 2001 at 1:17 PM

No problem :o) Have fun David