Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OK, AFTER 6 WEEKS TRYING TO ANIMATE IN POSER I'M JUST ABOUT TO...

farang opened this issue on Sep 14, 2001 ยท 10 posts

farang posted Fri, 14 September 2001 at 3:39 PM

TAKE MY COMPUTER AND CHUCK IT OUT THE WINDOW, GO DOWNSTAIRS TO MY BASEMENT AND JUST START BREAKING EVERYTHING THERE!!! Now I know that after the enormous amount of time I've spent wrapping my mind around this program that it can't just be me. Six weeks may not seem like a lot of time to some people here but I'm talking about 6 straight weeks of doing this minimum 6 hours a day! Now its starting to dawn on me that maybe there's a reason why so few if any people use this thing for animations and instead just use it for posed rendered scenes. Its got to be that Poser has too many bugs in it for this to be doable. So now I'm here to ask all of you who have been using poser for some time now to share with me the known defects in the program that make it unfeasible for animation. The main problem I have is I start out making poses, adjusting them and then when I go to play it back the part of the figure I moved is going in the opposite direction between the keyframes. It always ends up where its supposed to be at the saved keyframe but goes all over the place between the keyframes. Since I first read about this program I fell in love with it and swore as soon as I got it that I would spend as much time as necessary, do whatever I had to do and anything to master the animation aspect of it. Now people please, I need to know right now if its more effort required on my part in which case I'll go right back to doing what I've been doing until I get it right OR Poser has to many quirks in it and all the effort in the world on my part will never change the situation.