Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Would you be interested?

Nak Muay opened this issue on Sep 15, 2001 ยท 6 posts

Nak Muay posted Sat, 15 September 2001 at 8:23 PM

WOuld you be interested in a kitchen scene? If so would you rather pay about 25% more for the scene completely textured and with a template or 25% less for the 3d geometry mapped and ready to go for texturing? Thanks

kitchen1.jpg

kitchen2.jpg

kitchen3.jpg

kitchen4.jpg

SAMS3D posted Sat, 15 September 2001 at 9:10 PM

Very nicely done, is it poseable? Sharen

jamball77 posted Sat, 15 September 2001 at 9:40 PM

I think the real question is, "Is it sellable at all if it isn't textured and posable?" I think you've hit on a good vein of gold because the sets and props are a pretty untapped genera. But check the competition. Like Joe's Diner. I think you'd need at least to make the oven and the top shelves near the range openable then the faucet to push down or up. Also I would go with an electic range, because it is easier to make a glowing red then to have good blue gas jet flames. Extra points would be to have the kitchen in a "set" with a central island and a place for pantry and fridge. And a bar with stools. Also missing in many sets is good lighting. Check out Joe's Diner in the store. It is $30 or $35 and I bought it because it's complete. If I have to do the work you're talking about I'd just get a freebie from virtual interiors and texture it and make it posable. I don't think I'd pay for just the geometry. Hope this helps. :)

leather-guy posted Sun, 16 September 2001 at 1:09 AM

I agree with jamball77 - I'd be much more likely to buy a set for poser that was poser-ready & render-ready (with moving parts, texture map, etc.), than a do-it-yourself kit. I've got nearly 4 Gigs of (3DS, DXF, lwo, etc) files that I don't really use in poser, because I don't have time to customize them for poser use. The little time I have to work on renders, I'd rather spend on using finished products. Most users aren't into poser from the nuts-&-bolts side of things, they want to make pictures that give them pleasure than spend hours working on a prop to complete it enough to make a render they like. This projuct looks promising, though. I'd be interested in checking it out once it's a finished product! ps - Other thoughts; you might want to chop the counters & cabinets up as separate units, for versatility & rearranging. Add a corner piece for the counter, allow the option of the user putting a curtained window above the sink, add a matching fridge, dish-drainer, couple potholders, etc. Good luck!

Nak Muay posted Sun, 16 September 2001 at 10:04 AM

Thanks everyone for the input, I really do appreciate it!! -mikel (nak muay)

azl posted Sun, 16 September 2001 at 10:08 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=1197

I think you really need to make the product with textures and with moving parts. I sell a room kit (check the link) and it's been selling fairly well because it is fully textured and has moving parts. (The complete documentation doesn't hurt either ). I agree with leather-guy: even though you may provide a complete set, you need to make sure the parts are movable and removable. This makes camera setups easier for the user and allows them to change the set to their liking. azl