Forum: Community Center

Subject: What's with the other site?

melanie opened this issue on Nov 22, 1999 ยท 13 posts

melanie posted Mon, 22 November 1999 at 8:52 AM

They seem to be down more than they're up. Can anyone get on the other site? I haven't been able to get on there in days. They're going to lose members fast at this rate. Melanie

LoboUK posted Mon, 22 November 1999 at 9:39 AM

I was able to get on around lunch time (about 7am east coast time) but I can't now. Paul

viper posted Mon, 22 November 1999 at 12:50 PM

every once and a while I can get on but when I do its slow very slow

Jack D. Kammerer posted Mon, 22 November 1999 at 3:17 PM

Unfortantly, I think the trouble lies with their server. And though they be down allot of the times, it is still worth the effort to go visiting. :o) Hopefully, Grey and Willow will be able to fix that problem soon. Jack

DM1234 posted Mon, 22 November 1999 at 6:08 PM

I've been able to get there by using what I call their side door. www.poserforum.org/ Haven't been able to get through the front door for more then day now. DM

diana posted Mon, 22 November 1999 at 6:34 PM

I had bookmarked the all numbers url and I couldn't get in at all using it today, so I typed in poserforum.net and that way I got in.

melanie posted Mon, 22 November 1999 at 8:10 PM

I tried poserforum.net and it wouldn't let me in. I haven't tried the .org one, though. I can get as far as the front page, but if I try to access the forums or the Fun Stuff pages, I get a message that it can't open it. Hopefully, soon. I love both sites and it's a shame we can't get in over there. Melanie

DM1234 posted Mon, 22 November 1999 at 8:31 PM

melanie, when you get to the front page go to the main forum index and then go to where ever you want to go. It's working for me using either .net or .org DM

edarsenal posted Mon, 22 November 1999 at 10:13 PM

I've been able to use the .net and have no problems... i too hope the problem is solved for all to visit and enjoy ed

PANdaRUS posted Mon, 22 November 1999 at 10:24 PM

In an earlier post it was stated that "their" host had notified them that the problem was another site causing the downtime on the same server. The host planned to correct the problem and hopefully end this other sites crashes which seemed to cause problems for all the others on that server. Hope that helped give a bit of insight. PAN~

Jack D. Kammerer posted Tue, 23 November 1999 at 12:48 AM

Yes, thankfully, hopefully it will :o) Jack

darhorn posted Tue, 23 November 1999 at 7:55 AM

With luck the PFO will be moving to another physical box with the same company, so that the crashes this other site experiences will not bring us down also.. We appriciate the inconvience that this has caused for everyone.. Darrin

Traveler posted Tue, 23 November 1999 at 11:44 AM

Thanks for keeping us updated Darrin! -Trav