Forum: Photography

Subject: 5 months old

starshuffler opened this issue on Sep 23, 2001 ยท 13 posts

starshuffler posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 3:08 AM

Ooo forgetful me. This is from a 5-month old roll of film I forgot to process. Saw the roll sitting inside the camera bag when I took the cam out a few days ago to shoot the mural. Darn. Is that bad??? :-(

bsteph2069 posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 3:17 AM

I don't think so. Let me know when you forget to cash checks!!! Those lines are a little distracting hunh. Bsteph

starshuffler posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 10:17 AM

Yep. The scanner is doing a pretty good job. (*

APFrey posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 10:49 AM

Lines or no lines, this is very nice. Did you meter the sun on purpose? Good silhouette action!

Slynky posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 3:26 PM

is this b&w film with some toner on the paper? Or PS post work?

billglaw posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 4:50 PM

5 months should not hurt the images too much. Is it the printing or the negative the has such strong highlight in the right center? The sun is behind the cloud and that creates good light effects. If the highlight were smaller it would more dramatic.

JordyArt posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 5:51 PM

Lines aside, this is a pretty likeable image..... Well, I like it. (",)

starshuffler posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 1:37 AM

Thanks for the comments :-) @Slynky - this is b&w film, but I converted it to duotone in PS. @APFRey - yep, that was on purpose. This was shot while the sun was setting behind the mountains and I was hoping to catch the rays over the silhouette. @billglaw - I think the highlight is from the negative. I can fix that in the darkroom when printing, right? (*

Slynky posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 7:53 AM

don't know if you were being sarcastic, but ya, just gotta burn the highlight in a bit is all.

starshuffler posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 8:26 AM

Nah, Slynky, I wasn't being sarcastic. I just don't have access to a darkroom right now so I can't remedy the problem just yet <:-i (*

APFrey posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 2:43 PM

You don't need a darkroom. You can do it in PS. =) I like it the way it is though.

starshuffler posted Tue, 25 September 2001 at 1:05 AM

Yeah, I figured that out after I posted the previous message LOL ;-)

gsalas posted Wed, 26 September 2001 at 12:08 AM

I have to say, dispite the scanner, this is a really nice peace of photography. It has an elusive feeling to it kinda like a faded memory or long since lost. It's almost meloncoly. -Gabe-