Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Cell Rendering

Fracture opened this issue on Oct 01, 2001 ยท 4 posts

Fracture posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 1:48 PM

I was wondering if it would be possible to clean up the cel renderings a bit more? For instance how could I get a character there to use clothing/texture items made for cartoon style characters? Or something simmilar? Also how can I make the eyes look a bit more like eyes instead of that blank white look in that render? I'd prefer this were a render/poser solution as I wanted to use these characters in an animated sense. Thanks in advance.

Cin- posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 3:20 PM

I don't think there is a way to do it with poser... the cartoon style view just doesn't show textures... unfortunately, but understandably. There's a way to make something LOOK like it has some sort of texture... if you use the grouping tool and select polygons and assign a new material to them, you can change the color of that material and add a bit more detail/coloration than just one solid color.

Fracture posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 3:27 PM

Humm, would it be possible then to make clothing items with the same features? IE Break them up so you could get moew of a cartoon clothing look out of them? Also are there any other 3d software applications that would do what I'm looking for?

Cin- posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 3:40 PM

You can do that with any figure really, I'm sure there are a few tutorials out there about using the grouping tool, I'm not sure if I can explain it really well. I don't know about any other 3d programs, hopefully someone else with see this post and be able to help you out. :) K-