Forum: Vue

Subject: "Masking" in Vue 4???

kruzr opened this issue on Oct 03, 2001 ยท 12 posts

kruzr posted Wed, 03 October 2001 at 6:08 PM

'Afternoon all, I have been trying to get this information from Vue 4's tech support, but trying to get anything from them has been like pulling teeth from a toothless person. I couldn't find any info anywhere else either, so I figured I would try here. 1st, I may as well tell you that I'm new to Vue d'Esprit, as I've only had it one week. My question is: I thought I read somewhere, ( prior to purchasing ), that you could use "Masks" in Vue 4? I'm finding nothing pertaining to this subject anywhere. What I would like to know is, can I apply a different Material or Texture to different spot areas of an object, with the use of a "Mask"? If this is not possible, is there any other way of doing this task, in specific areas on an object? I hope I didn't make a mistake by purchasing "Vue 4", instead of maybe "World Builder"? I've been using ZBrush for about nine months now, & I'm used to being able to "Paint" on different Materials & Colors, on different areas of an object. Thanks in advance for any information or suggestions & have a good one . . . Mark.