Forum: Vue

Subject: Need help regarding water texture!

DeZ opened this issue on Oct 05, 2001 ยท 6 posts

DeZ posted Fri, 05 October 2001 at 10:27 AM

Hello, just got Vue4 today and started out straigt away trying to create a simple underwater image using a quadratic spotlight to fake the sun and create lightray's in the water. Now, after 20% rendering (Final) I saw black and white curves on the water surface. The never dissapered after anti-alaising. I am pretty new to Vue, starting with 3.1 before the summer. I would guess that it has to do with the texture bumpmap....and I would really like some feedback on how to correct this! (I upgraded to 4.02 straight away) I also included a picture of the problem! Thank-you in advance!

kruzr posted Fri, 05 October 2001 at 10:53 AM

'Morning n00b, I'm sorry that I can't offer any help with the curved lines on the water, being that I am also a new user, ( one week ). What I can tell you is, I also get these same lines with a couple of the different waters included in Vue 4, and I get these lines from an "above water view" rendering too. Maybe someone experienced with Vue 4 can shed some light on this subject for us? Have a good one . . . Mark.

agiel posted Fri, 05 October 2001 at 11:06 AM

A few questions : Which water material are you using ? What do the bump settings look like ?

DeZ posted Fri, 05 October 2001 at 11:19 AM

I used Default water, and I have not changed anything in the bump menue. However, I did import textures from my Vue 3 CD-ROM and used them instead....and no curves! Then i doubble-checked the Vue 4 texture...and it then also did not appear having any curves! This is wierd, but it works!

Varian posted Fri, 05 October 2001 at 1:56 PM

Strange. Must be some kind of fluke between the v.3 and v.4 formats. Good to hear you got it cleared up at least; that is going to be a great image! :)

DeZ posted Fri, 05 October 2001 at 3:11 PM

Thanks for the feedback guy's, just finished the rendering and posted it in the Vue gallery. Must say I am quite pleased, especially when considering how easy it was to create. Got to hand it to the people over at e-onsoftware for a great product!