Forum: Vue

Subject: Problems with Vue 4 . . .

kruzr opened this issue on Oct 09, 2001 ยท 4 posts

kruzr posted Tue, 09 October 2001 at 11:34 AM

'Morning all . . . 8^) Vue 4 seems, so far, to be a somewhat rough program to get installed & working properly??? I purchased Vue 4 about two weeks ago & haven't, as of yet, been able to install or use it, without some bugs. 1st: I did the initial install, installed the 4.01 update, & attempted to use the program. After a short time I realized that I couldn't load a couple of the default "Plants". Went back to their site & found another upgrade, "4.02". Installed it & opened Vue 4, but the initial problem still occurred. Went back to their site, again, & found a "Vue 4 Veg Fix". Downloaded & installed it. Attempted to run Vue 4 again, but this time couldn't load over half of the default "Plants". Hmmmmmmm. OK, Tried deleting the plant folder from my hard drive & copying the whole folder from the installation CD. That didn't change anything! Someone from the forum e-mailed to me a particular plant file to try, that didn't work either. E-mailed Vue's tech support, didn't get any reply, ( as of yet ). 8^( So.....I figured that I would just un-install the whole works & start over fresh. This time I installed Vue 4, without installing any upgrades at all. WOW.....Now I can't even start Vue 4. I get an error immediately telling me that "it can't find the Vue .exe", so I can't even open Vue 4. Now I'm just experimenting, so I figure that I'll install the "4.02" upgrade by it's self. That brings me to the present, as of yesterday. So far, it seems that everything is functioning like it should, although I've only had limited time to use it. I don't know what new problems, or if any, I will find as I use this new version of Vue, but I must say that I can't remember encountering so many problems with a commercial piece of software in the past. Don't get me wrong please, I'm not knocking Vue 4, in fact my personal opinion of the images I've seen posted are more superior, to the competition's, at least that's how I feel. I just find it very strange, that a product that has been around for as long as Vue has, should have been beta tested well enough to have found these bugs??? Unless it's the, ( Backers pressure to release now ), type scenario. Hahahaha. ;^) Anyway, so far it seems to be working fine & I'll keep my fingers crossed in hopes that it continues to. I also have to give a lot of thanks to the different people on this forum that have posted questions, comments & answers for Vue 4, because I've found so much valuable information about Vue here, that I couldn't find in the manual or elsewhere being that I don't know of any other Vue 4 forums so far. Have a good one . . . Mark.