Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Daz Hair Ghosted ??? Help

Bill B opened this issue on Oct 09, 2001 ยท 6 posts

Bill B posted Tue, 09 October 2001 at 9:26 PM

Hey all, I need a fix for this problem. I just got from Daz ( Mike wedge hair, Mike wonder wedge, Vic changing pony tail, Vic expansion pony tail pack, and the feathered hair for for mike and Vicki. Here is the deal after installing and loading each hair the hair is ghosted ??????? What is going on ??????? you can see in the pic what it looks like. What do I need to do???? Also I am having the same problem with the Mike and Vikki figures eye brows and the eyes. I just got those as well. What is going on? Thanks Bill B

Dmentia posted Tue, 09 October 2001 at 9:43 PM

you have to render them to see the actual hair and eyebrows, the ghosting is just showing you what has trans maps applied... If you don't like working with them in that ghosted state, then you can make them "cartoon style" in the figure style buttons...Or you can turn the transparencie off in the render options until you're ready to render your image, then you just turn it back on... hope that helps a little :)

shadowcat posted Tue, 09 October 2001 at 10:35 PM

Control-Y to bring up render options menu Control-R ro do the actual render (or click box in menu) These can also be reached through the file menu.

Bill B posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 12:53 PM

Thanks for the replys BUT, it dose not get me what I need. I want to see the hair when working in poser!!! Here is the deal I HARDLY EVER RENDER IN POSER, I have no need to render. My use for poser is unusual my final output is NOT a render but a dxf file that I then mill or machine out on a cnc in other words I print out a 3-d model of the poser figure, giving me a real world action figure of the poser model. I use them in my work as a toy sculptor and model maker. Not to mention how the heck are you suppose to work to make the hair what you want???????? HELP agian So I need to see the hair when working with the figs.

shadowcat posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 1:00 PM

in that case, turn of the transparency in the surface materials section. Or use the cartoon display setting as Dmentia suggested.

Lyrra posted Wed, 10 October 2001 at 6:27 PM

If all you want is the mesh of the figure then the transparency does nothing for you. Turn it off. :) BUT a large part of the "look" of the hair figure is in the transparancy mapping. So these might not be the models for you. shrug And I think there might be copyright issues here. But I have no idea. Lyrra