Forum: Vue

Subject: Terrain Export/Import

MikeJ opened this issue on Oct 11, 2001 ยท 9 posts

MikeJ posted Thu, 11 October 2001 at 6:38 AM

A couple months ago it was brought up by someone (I think bloodsong?) that Vue 4 wouldn't allow for the re-import of a terrain, after it had been exported and used in a Poser scene. I tried it, and sure enough, it didn't work, and if I remember, Guitta also tried it and had the same results. But on a whim, I just tried it again, using a 512x512 terrain exported as 3DS, and it worked. shrug Was there a fix for this problem in the 4.02b patch? For anyone who wants to try it, there are a few things...Vue will not load the file format selection in the second export window. All you get is "All Files", so you have to select the SAME format that you chose in the first window, where you select your export format, and file size. Also, to save the procedural mats as (faked)image textures, you have to select the "generate material file" option. Again, you have to specify the format...Also, Vue will attempt to put your terain 0object in a different folder form your textures, so remember that you might want to create a new folder for both. Lastly, you will be told that you're overwiting your terrain , as well as your image files. Just ignore that. Vue funny sometime. how could you possibly be overwriting something that hasn't yet been saved? ;)