Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Milkids.... What I'd like to see...

Jack D. Kammerer opened this issue on Oct 12, 2001 ยท 5 posts

Jack D. Kammerer posted Fri, 12 October 2001 at 6:23 PM

Stuff for the darn Milkids... I got the clothing pack and was surprised to find not one hint of undergarment for them... which is kinda disappointing to say the least. Be nice to see a catsuit or leotard for them (tried scaling Vickies... god, what a nightmare), something that could be utilized to create other outfits or swimsuits from. Here I am trying to do a scene using the preschool character on a swing set (from 3d Cafe) and using the very cool Rose dress texture done by Kate the Shrew for Marck's new dress (which is also very cool).... however, no matter what I do, um something shows that shouldn't be showing... little girls wear panties... many grown women do too... I have seen tons of stuff for Vickie, different outfits (PhilC, ISO, DCort and others) so much stuff for her that the market is saturated with it (just how many Vickie textures does one need?), but the market for the Milkids is completely open (as is Dina's -sorry, shameless hint there ^_^) and would stand to make a skilled modeller a bit of monthly earnings if they cornered that open market... So what I personally would like to see?? Dress Shoes (you know, ones with pretty buckles) Tennis Shoes (sort of like Posette's or Vickie's) Bathing suit/Leotard Catsuit Dress pants/slacks (jeans have a different cut) This is going to sound odd, but breast morphs for the Preteen. I have a daughter that is 11 years old that has... well... the trouble of boys is right around the corner!! Like I said, the market is open and untapped. Granted, I like the frilly little accessories for Vickie like everyone else, but there are needs... and then there are NEEDS and well, these kids NEED clothes :o) Just my thoughts :o) Jack

KateTheShrew posted Fri, 12 October 2001 at 7:34 PM

Jack, you might want to check PoserWorld. Steve and Rena have done some swimsuits and other things for the Mil Girls, including a ballet set with tutu and toe slippers. But you're right, I'd like to see some of the same stuff you mentioned. Especially party shoes - shiny little mary janes with silver buckles and a nice party dress with the full skirt and ruffles on the sleeves. Darn, I wish I were a decent modeler. Kate P.S. Glad you like my texture. :)

shadownet posted Fri, 12 October 2001 at 7:38 PM

Can't help you out with the Mkids but I am working on a new kid figure made from V2. As you can see, she can be made to grow from child to adult. The Mkids clothes can be tweaked to fit her fairly easily (atleast the items I downloaded from PWFW worked with no problem) I have also been able to rescale the V2 stuff to fit her, with only the chest area being a problem (need a no breast morph to fix that). Anyhow, I will be posting her to Free Stuff shortly so you might want to keep an eye out.

PLZ posted Fri, 12 October 2001 at 8:20 PM

The Preteen Mermaid top and posette bottom work with a little adjusting.

Petunia posted Fri, 12 October 2001 at 10:29 PM

I agree..and some socks too by golly. And if you are looking for clothing, you just don't buy an item that has one clothing piece in it like the mermaid. The poser world stuff is good, and Mab is coming out with a few things in the elven kinda thing, but there is still lots more to do for these little gals. If anyone is interested in sharing thoughts on how to use existing clothing to the fullest extent, I have found several nice things can be mixed and matched and altogether altered to help expand the possibilities some and would love to hear from others on thier own ideas.