Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I need help making a raptorhorse!

droyd opened this issue on Oct 13, 2001 ยท 3 posts

droyd posted Sat, 13 October 2001 at 12:25 AM

Hi everyone. I have poser 4 and I'm trying to make a "Raptorhorse". Actually my idea is more like a dragonhorse but I dont own a decent dragon so I can't think about making one for now. And, I think this will be more than adequate. I went through the motions of combining the horse and the raptor and the geometries look like they will work together pretty well with just slight tweaking on a few scale settings. The major problem I have is that I can't seem to figure out how to properly parent things together between the 2 figures. I've read the manual and when I try to drag the figure or body part to were it's supposed to be parented in the heirarchy Poser crashes. Even if I could save this critter as an obj I guess from reading the manual I would have to pose it the way I want because it would be an immovable static object after I save it. I dont own pro pack yet but, I own the f/x and design book that explains how to use it for when I can get it. If anyone would like to give me a step by step instruction on what to try to get this to work I would be overjoyed. If I'm not breaking any rules and someone with Pro pack would like to make this critter for me ( I guess it would need bones added to it to be able to pose it) I would be glad to trade them the texture map I'm going to make for it in exchange for the posable obj. All I'm trying to do is put the raptor's head and and on the headless horse, the raptor tale in place of the horse tale and 2 sets of as much of the raptor's hind legs as will match up to the horse's four legs. the arrow's in the picture point to the approximate place's were the horse's legs end and the raptors begin. Thank's in advance to anyone that can help. I am still pretty new to this so if you post and explaination treat me like I'm just starting out. droyd