Forum: Vue

Subject: Winter collection of fabric [8 materials]

agiel opened this issue on Oct 17, 2001 ยท 16 posts

agiel posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 12:26 AM

I made snapshots of the collection of fabric materials I am preparing for this month's challenge. In each picture, the material is used for the t-shirt only. I will post a zip file of the materials when they are all done in the free stuff at the end of the challenge. Part 1 : - Wool - Silk - Red Velvet

agiel posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 12:27 AM

Part 2 : - Raw fabric - Denim - Chain Mail

agiel posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 12:29 AM

Now for a jacket. Part 3: - Black Leather - Red Leather (with bumps)

Ms_Outlaw posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 2:11 AM

Those all look great ~s~

Sacred Rose posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 2:48 AM

They look excellent!!! Fantastic work!!

SAMS3D posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 3:58 AM

They are all beautiful. Love them

Larry F posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 4:08 AM

My goodness! What a great exhibit! I love 'em!

tesign posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 5:28 AM

Lovely character :) Is she for real?

MikeJ posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 5:35 AM

That's fabulous work on those materials!

Irish posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 7:27 AM

These are all wonderful!!! Great job. :) Irene

agiel posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 7:36 AM

Since Varian beat me to using a large cloth for the materials, I took a different approach and tried materials directly on a shirt model. In my experiments, I found something interesting. When I tried to use a 'fuzzy' material (perfect for wool for example), half of her shirt dissapeared. The shirt is made of 3 elements : left collar, chest, right collar. When I am using a fuzzy material, her left collar just dissapears. I am using a plain vicky 1 model, with a plain t-shirt from the standard clothe pack. Her skin is a freebie I found somewhere (called 'jena'). Any idea about this glitch ?

Varian posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 12:00 PM

These are excellent, Laurent! :D I especially like the wool, denim and red leather. If you have more to show later, maybe could you bring the camera a bit closer to the shirt, to see more of the fabric materials? Though I must say I like your model; that's one of the nicer views of Vicky I've seen! The weird missing pieces when using fuzzy settings..."probably" related to some kind of memory issue, possibly even a sort of conflict with OpenGL -- I'm only making guesses.

agiel posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 2:37 PM

Definitely not an openGL issue - I disabled that at least 10 minutes after my first install of Vue :) The problem appears (or disappears :) ) when rendering, so it is not a problem of openGL. I will try to make an enlargement on the next materials.

Varian posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 3:35 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12368&Form.ShowMessage=337434

Here's a link to an older thread where Bloodsong ran into a similar problem with fuzzy settings on a terrain. Apparently fuzzy doesn't like mesh objects. So, it's not just you or this model. It's something strange in Vue 4.

MikeJ posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 4:31 PM

I don't think "fuzzy" ever did like mesh objects. I don't think that Fuzzy can handle alot of polygons like some of the other functions can.

tradivoro posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 10:03 PM

Wow Laurent, this is really, really great... A great display and the fabrics are really real looking...