Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: Am I pushing Poser too far?

Devon opened this issue on Oct 22, 2001 ยท 21 posts

Devon posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 9:37 PM

I've had Poser Pro pack with the lastest patches for quite some time now and I'm experiencing problems unlike I ever had before. It started when I got my new computer. A 1,500mhz ADM Athalon 512 MB RAM and 64MB G-Force video card. I keep having poser lock up on me when I load certain files. Sometimes it's a Simple Vicky model and sometimes it's when I try to load a figure or Figures in a scene with a lot of props. I don't get the "poser not responding" message when I do the Ctrl,Alt,Del. So I'm assuming it's working But I wait and wait.Does anyone here know what the problem might be? Funny thing is I have a street scene I made with over 120 props and it renders fine. As soon as I load some figures on it it won't respond at all. Just hangs on me. If I save the file it won't work again. I already tried saving and restarting the computer. Someone mentioned to me that Poser has a memory problem. I don't even think I'm using my full 512MB of Ram because windows 98SE doesn't even let me use it all. DEVON