Forum: Bryce

Subject: Car rendering

Eidolon opened this issue on Oct 23, 2001 ยท 8 posts

Eidolon posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 10:00 AM

I love 'em stained , dirty an' rusty... Any comments are appreciated...also...anyone can hook me up about makin soft shadows less blurry in a large scene??? I mean they look good in a close up scene ...but in a scene like that they tend to vanish and dissappear... DAK

raven posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 2:07 PM

Nice image, very cool, great texturing, it looks and feels very complete. Strange weapon :), seems half crossbow, half machine gun, nice idea :)

allengraph posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 3:52 PM

very cool image=-)

Vile posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 6:18 PM

How did you do you texture? Is this post work? Great job BTW

Deathbringer posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 2:06 PM

Awesome image... I think I see some Halflife inspired weapons...hehe My favorite game!!

tradivoro posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 8:44 PM

Hey man, the car is fantastic... How did you get the realistic rust??? Other stuff is good, but the car is the masterpiece...

phuturelegend posted Sat, 27 October 2001 at 1:50 PM

Yeh how did you get that rust? Did you use UVmapper to make a texture map for the complete car? daz

Eidolon posted Sat, 27 October 2001 at 3:58 PM

Mmmm thx for the comments This pix as been rendered in B5...no post work except the sig... Concernin the car body textures, i took screenies in B5, wifreframe front view and side view of the meshes i had to work on..and made textures with photoshop...(with the finger tool and the density tool...associated with different bruxh size).. The chrome texture is a bryce metal texture..I added some bump to simulate the "rusty chrome" effect.. The tire texture took me long to figure.so i used several map for the bump, diffuse and specularity (not much spec appearing tho).. i found the car plate somewhere on internet.. The car is from the bryce 2 CD and is a dataset from viewpoint... Weapons are from halflife and opposing force.. slightly modified and retextured, converted with 3Dexplore Sorry for the poor english I am french... Eidolon