Forum: Vue

Subject: Poplar Lombardi anybody ?

nirsul opened this issue on Oct 29, 2001 ยท 10 posts

nirsul posted Mon, 29 October 2001 at 1:03 PM

I am looking for this tree either as a 3D model or a VUe tree that someone may have created. Don't think I will pay 94 dollars for 11 trees - too much ! Nir BTW: got the complete Vue software !!

gebe posted Mon, 29 October 2001 at 2:24 PM

But dear, we have no right and will not give away a plant we bought.

Axe555 posted Mon, 29 October 2001 at 3:49 PM

You can buy the plants individually. I think its $10 a peice and $5 for shipping and handling, although I don't know how they figure it (shipping and handling) on a download. Rich

nirsul posted Mon, 29 October 2001 at 5:31 PM

Guitta ! My intent was NOT getting one that someone bought - but created ! (or made in 3D) please read my first thread carefully ! Nir

tesign posted Mon, 29 October 2001 at 6:49 PM

"..I think its $10 a peice and $5 for shipping and handling, although I don't know how they figure it (shipping and handling) on a download"...LOL!...and still LOL!

Axe555 posted Mon, 29 October 2001 at 7:00 PM

Err...Processing Fee. That's sorta like shipping and handling isn't it?

tesign posted Mon, 29 October 2001 at 7:18 PM

Well DAZ3D does that and lots more and don't have a processing fee. Moreover, the minute yourpayment is clear online...you get the product download instantly from that product allocated Server. E-on could have done the same thing instead of having to do a "processing" and charge a fee. Well, may be it cost them money to do so and that is why they have to charge. I sympathize with those that have to buy one tree at a time due to cash flow or something. He/she be spending $5 for each time. But still...this is a "LOL!" thingy for me.

LaurieA posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 12:02 AM

I have never had to pay "shipping" on a downloaded purchase anywhere else but e-on. I'm not sure what that covers. Laurie

Varian posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 12:17 AM

The only Lombardy Poplar model that I recall seeing is the one from E-on. And as the others have said, you can buy just the one tree rather than getting them all at once. It is cheaper (per tree) to buy the full bundle. :)

LaurieA posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 12:33 AM

There is a Lombardy Poplar on my Digital Forays Devlin Forests CD. I think you can still get the disk at either www.3dmodelworld.com or www.poserworld.com. It's pretty cheap, only $49 bucks or something like that, but you get 500 trees instead of 11 ;). But you will have to pay in polycounts inside Vue. They add up quick with the trees. Laurie