Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Male Jeans texture problems

jschoen opened this issue on Dec 07, 1999 ยท 6 posts

jschoen posted Tue, 07 December 1999 at 11:46 PM

Anyone else run into this problem? I'm trying to do a realistic Levi's texture for the Male jeans clothing figure. If i place the pockets on the pockets on the tex template, the tex is fine on the pockets, but gets placed also on the jeans themselves, but way to low. I also noticed that the texture is reversed on the figure?!? Any help on this? Why, how to fix, or someone with a pocketless jeans figure? James

bushi posted Wed, 08 December 1999 at 12:25 AM

Are you using the same texture on two different models? The reason I ask is because of the reversal of the pants tags and the change of shape of the butt. It looks like you're trying to apply the same texture to two figures that have been mapped differently. If this is the case then you will get odd results.

Tygerlander posted Wed, 08 December 1999 at 1:03 PM

I got that too. It's something about the way the male jeans model is designed. I have been working on some photorealistic jeans for the poser dude (lack of free time right now). I've decided to just forgo adding the back pockets. Tina

jschoen posted Wed, 08 December 1999 at 1:52 PM

Bushi: No I am indeed just using the one model "Male Jeans" But you are correct that it DOES indeed look like I used 2 models. I guess this is a flaw in the the model itself. I even tried using the "UVMapper" program. just to see if the pockets and or something else was there to create this. If I were a bit more comfortable with creating a new posable figure I guess i would try to just resave the obj file. Tina: If you figure it out let me know. The back pockets on a pair of jeans is crucial to me. makes the difference between a Wrangler cowboy, a Levis man, or a designer wearer ;-) James

jschoen posted Wed, 08 December 1999 at 1:55 PM

LOL , one more thing. The reason Bushi that the shape of the butt looks different is determined by the placement of the pockets, beit the texture or the actual placement of the verticies ;-) James

Tygerlander posted Wed, 08 December 1999 at 2:46 PM

You would have to use UVMapper to get the template for the jeans. There wasn't on in the Poser content disc. I did the same thing you did in aligning the pocket to the mesh. I wish I could figure it out, but I'm just a lowly texturer. =^) Tina