Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Bug in poser bump mapping and solution

gillan opened this issue on Nov 06, 2001 ยท 23 posts

gillan posted Tue, 06 November 2001 at 2:50 AM

In Poser 4 there is an error in the calculation of the bump. this is caused by a wrong compilation of the map of rugosity. I will try to explain, with my bad English, how resolve the problem I create a simple map of Bump, for instance bumptest.jpg, (illustration 1), after have it imported as bump map in poser (bumptest.bum), I apply it on a box. If I have a single light from the top the effect of depth and rugosity is perfect (illustration 2) But if I move the light to 45 degrees I get a paradoxical effect (illustration 3) this prevents from carrying out bump mapping efficent in Poser! the wrinkles on a face become cracks! I With Photoshop use the order "Open as" and I open the Bumptest.bum like if it is .bmp (illustration 4) now I in the "channels" select the red and I operate [image-adjust-invert] (illustration 5) Save as bumptest.bmp then I rename the file bumptest2.bum it loaded in poser and I apply it on the box instead of the the original one the effect of depth now is perfect. you try! finally could be used the maps of depth in poser!